It's been a long time coming....
The Little Taproom on Aigburth Road has been a seed of an idea for years now, our vision of exactly what the ideal little pub would be. It's now time for us (with over 25 years in the licensed trade, Si has manned every kind of bar imaginable) to make it into a reality.
We'll be a modern incarnation of the micro pub. We didn't want ours to hark back to some idyllic vision of the 'classic pub' with horse-brass on the walls and vintage misogynistic advertising posters in the loos. Instead, it will be fresh, vibrant with awesome artwork on the walls and a zero tolerance for nonsense.
Our Core Principles
- Independent, supporting independents - We will only stock beers and spirits from small to medium sized independent breweries and distilleries. Every penny over the bar supports us and in turn other small businesses trying to do their best in a difficult industry. No 'big beer' here.
- Supporting our community - Any pub in the suburbs is an integral part of the community and we wanted to go further. All our self-produced spirits (and later, beers) will have a portion of the profits donated to local causes.
- Everyone's welcome - We're cool with everyone who wants to enjoy what we're doing in the pub, unless you're an idiot. We won't tolerate bigotry, neither will we stock products that have sexist or similarly awful branding.
The Pub Itself
We're renovating an old shop which needs a bit of work to make it into the vision of awesomeness we have planned. We've already had one major setback having to change venues which cost us both in time and money as well as emotionally (you can read all about that little adventure on our site's blog).
The main features are
- Six cask pumps (including a 'real cider')
- Eight keg taps
- A small selection of vodka, whisky etc.
- A slightly bigger selection of rum
- A huge selection of gin
- Lots of nice comfy seating, including a sofa in the snug (yes, a snug!)
- The most epic playlist ever
We've got a lot of work to do, a bit of a miracle makeover really and we're planning on doing most of the work ourselves other than the really scary stuff like plumbing and electrics.
We've got a range of rewards on offer in return for your support.
Recognition on our website and in our pub
Everyone funding £10 or more will get a thank you and listed as a supporter on our website. Funding £100 or more will get your name on the 'Founders Wall' in the pub itself, immortalised forever.
'Resist Global Beer' T-Shirt
It's something we all know... independent breweries are cool, local breweries are cool. With this awesome screen printed t-shirt you can show off your support for your local brewers no matter where you are or who they are.
Discounted Bar Tabs
Already waiting to join us for a drink? Get in first with a bar tab at a 20% discount. Various amounts on offer, all can be used across multiple visits within the first six months of us being open.
Laika Vodka and Sefton Park Gin
As well as awesome spirits from indy distilleries, we'll be producing a lot of our own right in the Tap. Our 'core' vodka and gin are Laika Vodka (commemorating the Moscow street dog launched into space, will support Freshfields Animal Rescue) and Sefton Park Gin (supporting Friends of Sefton Park). You can grab one, or a case of 6, before anyone else here.
Crowdfunder Exclusive Gin - Private Stock
This is a dry gin, big on botanicals and flavour and we'll be distilling only enough to supply the crowdfunder pledges. It won't be available ever again. Available singly or by the case of 6.
Name a spirit and choose it's charity
With all our spirits supporting a charity, this reward allows you to name one of our spirits and select the cause each bottle will support. At the end of the campaign, we'll get in touch so we can chat about the cause that matters to you and how we can weave that story into a drink. You'll also be part of the artwork creation process. The first 6 bottles of the first batch are yours too.
One thing we won't be doing is holding private events in the Tap, except for one person and up to 30 of their friends. This reward will allow you have the whole pub to yourself for one night within the year (excluding a Friday or Saturday) and we'll throw in two casks or kegs (or one of each).