Cetaceans hold a very special place in my heart as I was part of a dolphin and whale research and conservation project in Italy for 3 consecutive summers. I was lucky enough to witness the beauty of these animals in their natural habitat first hand and it is terrifying to think that it is human activity that is forcing them to decrease in number.
We need dolphins and whales to survive! They produce 50% of the world's supply of oxygen.
The aim of this charitable Whale And Dolphin Conservation is to:
1) End captivity and stop the exploitation of these animals in shows.
2) To stop whale hunting and reducing the want for whale meat.
3) To provide untouched and safe seas for the animals to live freely (this includes reducing plastic, pollution, Marine Protected Areas etc.)
4) Reduce deaths by working with governments to toughen laws and develop safer fishing methods.
What am I doing for you to donate?
1) As many of you know I run a small business selling healthy vegan granola called Anastasia's Pantry. Every penny generated on my website on the 10th and 11th of July in sales will be directly donated to WDC at the end of the campaign.
2) As well as the above, I will walk 50 000+ steps on July 10th (roughly 10 hours of straight walking) to show my dedication to the cause and hopefully give you an insight as to how much this means to me.
Anything you can contribute towards helping me achieve my target will be massively appreciated.
Thank you from me, WDC and the dolphins and whales to everyone who spreads the word and/or donates!