Crowdfund Wigan Borough Fund
Get up to £1,000
As part of The Deal, Wigan Council is supporting innovative projects that help make the borough a great place to live, work and visit.
You need a crowdfunding project to apply for funding. Start or continue adding your project and, if eligible, you'll be prompted to apply.
CriteriaTo be eligible for match funding from Wigan Council, projects must:
- Must benefit the people of Wigan Borough.
- Groups must meet their target before their pages close to receive match funding from Wigan Council.
- Must be run by a not-for-profit organisation
- Must not have received or be in receipt of monies from Wigan Council for the same things.
- Need a bank account with two signatories who are not related nor live at the same address
- Schools and other education providers can apply but it will need to benefit the wider community.
- Offline Crowdfunding can be uploaded to your Crowdfunding page however proof can be requested.
- Targets over £1,000 will require a minimum of 20 different supporters to receive match funding.
- Projects can only apply for match funding whilst their Crowdfunder page is live
Please see here for an example of target and supporter breakdownProjects must also align with at least one of the council’s #BeKind campaign priorities:
- Meet the council’s financial challenges and retain new and better ways of working
- Support a sustainable economic recovery that benefits everyone
- Protect and improve the health and wellbeing of all our people
- Ensure all our children and young people return to and thrive in their education or training
- Build on strengths within our communities
- Provide positive mental health and wellbeing support for young people
Political or religious projects will not be funded. If you are unsure if you fulfil this criteria, please contact for advice. Free one-to-one advice, workshops and training are available to support your project development from either Council officers or our trained community partners. Please see [here]() for the Wigan Council’s training presentation
Once a project has been accepted as eligible, Wigan Council may pledge to fund up to 25% of the project target to a maximum of £1,000.
Groups MUST meet their full target by the time the project closes in order to secure the match funding from Wigan Council, if a group does not reach their target Wigan Council will retract their pledge. Download our Terms and Conditions for more information.