Hertsmere Borough Council's CIL Fund
Get up to £5,000
Hertsmere Borough Council’s CIL Fund – available to groups in the Potters Bar parish area and in the Bushey parish area supporting all age groups in the local community to address need and deprivation. Funding can be used to support a wide range of projects including those which create a lasting capital community asset.
You need a crowdfunding project to apply for funding. Start or continue adding your project and, if eligible, you'll be prompted to apply.
CriteriaEssential criteria for organisations and the public
- The project must be run by a not-for-profit organisation, funding is available for projects within the boundary of Potters Bar and Bushey, Hertfordshire and/or be run for the benefit of people of any age living and/or working in Hertfordshire.
- Projects must address equality and diversity and therefore must be inclusive and accessible to everyone.
- The project must have strong local support, and be able to reach at least 25% of its target through crowdfunding in order for an HBC pledge to be made.
- Projects must achieve 100% of their target to secure any extra funding from the council, with the ‘all or nothing’ funding model preferred.
- The project must be completed within a year of the grant being awarded unless otherwise agreed.
- Organisations will need to have governance and policy documents; a management committee; a bank account in the name of the organisation with a minimum of two cheque signatories where appropriate.
- Organisations must have an income of less than £400,000 per annum.
In addition to meeting the essential criteria, projects must also meet at least one of the following Desirable project outcomes:
- Reducing social isolation/loneliness.
- Improving the health and wellbeing of adults in Hertfordshire.
- Creating volunteering opportunities for local people.
- Supporting and enabling vulnerable groups, and/or community safety, crime reduction and cohesion.
- Reducing or delaying demand for Council services in the community.
- Creating a lasting capital community asset
To see if your project falls within the applicable area please click here.
The small print...HBC seeks to distribute funding in an even-handed way across the parish areas it administers and reserves the right not to make a funding pledge to a particular project
We may ask to see copies of your Safeguarding and Health and Safety policy prior to pledging.