Are you you fed up of seeing a crisis on the news, wanting to do something about it, and not knowing what you can do to help?
Yeah, so are we.
That’s why we’re creating We Make Change - the world's first social network where you will be able to choose the crisis you want to support, find the charities working on the ground and give whatever you can to support them - whether it be giving your time, money or things.
We Make Change will be the one place you need to go to give what you can to support those in crisis. Because with the technology we have available today, everyone should be able to give what they can to those in need, wherever they are in the world.
This new social network could revolutionise the way people give to charity. You can help us to make it happen!
How will it work?
1. Search for the crisis you want to support - wherever it is in the world.
2. Discover the charities that are fighting for the causes on the ground - including verified local, national and international organisations.
3. Give your time, money, or resources to support them.
- Create your own profile to track the charities you've supported and impact you've made.
- Have a personalised ‘causefeed’ that is updated in real-time to offer you new opportunities for doing good.
- Connect with like-minded people who share your passion for the causes you care about.
Who are the people behind We Make Change?
The journey began when charity consultant James Sancto and web developer Felix Cosma connected after they tried to buy the same domain name and discovered they had the same idea - to create a social network that would make it simple for people to give to charities.
After founding We Make Change at the beginning of 2017, we looked to recruit some volunteers so we could make this idea a reality. Since then our team has grown rapidly, and now includes almost 50 volunteers, mostly in London, and with many others across the world.
Our team are designers, developers, lawyers, researchers, activists and charity workers who are giving up their time to develop this social network. We all recognised a problem - that traditional ways of giving do not work effectively when a crisis strikes. We're building this social network to make it simple for anyone to give what they can to those in need.
How passionate are we about making a difference? Well, here are just a few pics of our team supporting charities as part of our full 24 hours of volunteering to launch our campaign!
Want to know more about the people behind We Make Change? You can find them on LinkedIn here.
Supported by the World Youth Organization
We are delighted to have the support of the World Youth Organization! We will be working together to empower a generation to support charities across the world.
The impact We Make Change could have
By empowering individuals to give what they can to the charities supporting those in crisis, We Make Change could help to mobilise the resources needed to save lives, help communities rebuild and protect those in danger. But don't just take our word for it - here are just a few of the amazing people supporting We Make Change!
Featured in Charity Digital News
What have we done so far?
Since starting the organisation at the beginning of 2017, we have grown from a team of two to the almost 50 volunteers we have today.
We have since registered as a not-for-profit Community Interest Company, and have begun to develop the platform.
We have come a long way. But developing a social network to transform the charity sector is a big challenge.
To date, we have been entirely self-funded. Now we are launching this campaign to make the We Make Change platform a reality, and support people in crisis across the world.
Where will your money go?
Each donation will go towards developing the platform and growing our community, because the more money we raise, the more people we can reach and the more help we can provide to those in need.
- Initial target: £50,000 - will enable us to pay for web developers to finish the development of the web-based version so we can launch the social network in early 2018. It will also give us the funding we need for somebody to manage our growing volunteer community on a full time basis, while enabling us to grow our community of charities and potential users.
- Stretch target: £200,000 - will provide the funding we need for iOS and Android app developers, so we can develop and release app versions of the social network. The additional funding will also enable us to grow our community of supporters even further across the world, by providing funds for marketing campaigns to individuals and building relationships with even more charities.
Become a Founding Member
This is your only chance to become a Founding Member. If you give to this launch campaign, no matter how small the amount, you will become Founding Member of this movement of people who want to make a difference. As a Founding Member, you will be immortalised by having your name on the We Make Change website.
With so many crises around the world today and with the technology that we have available to us, we think this social network is more important than ever.
That is why we've gone for all or nothing funding - because we believe that We Make Change can enable each of us to give what we can to support the charities helping to address the most urgent problems faced in our communities and around the world.
We Make Change is the social network to make it happen. You can help us to make it a reality.
Support our campaign today, because together #WeMakeChange.