Rushey Green Festival is back again!! #RGFestival2017
Rushey Green is a vibrant and diverse community at the heart of Catford and also new people are moving into the area. Let's celebrate with our festival to showcase that Rushey Green is an interesting and thriving place to live in. With a mix of young children, young people to elderly residents, the festival will bring people together and promote community cohesion and unity. We want everyone who lives, works and plays in Catford, to be a part of it and have fun together!
This is a much-loved event bringing the community together which has previously attracted 1,500 local residents on a glorious day of fun. It brings everybody together to celebrate why we love living in Rushey Green. Whether people perform or attend, it's a fantastic opportunity to be part of this diverse neighbourhood! It's also a great opportunity to volunteer and be involved, whatever your age.
This free community event will be held at the Ladywell Arena on Sunday 2nd July 2017. It's the local people that will make it happen and it will be a day to show our talent and creativity when even some will dare get dressed up at cats! And for those familiar with the festival we’ve had great competitions of the best cat costumes, especially from children. We are, after all, in Catford where the big iconic cat is still perched at the top of the entrance to the shopping centre. So, who will join our Catwalk this year? YOU, hopefully!
So what can we expect, with your help, to take place on Sunday 2nd July 2017?
- Performances from local acts and artists
- Art and craft activities for children including face painting, craft workshops
- Coding and robotics workshops for young people
- ‘Best dressed Cat’ competition with prizes!
- Bouncy castle, track and field games
- Jugglers, Circus skills
- Food and drink
- Local health and food stalls
- Information stalls by local community groups and the Rushey Green Ward assembly – to positively promote what the area has to offer to local residents
- And possibly more are as contributors join in!
Who and what will make it happen?
Rushey Green Time Bank will be leading in organising the Festival, with the support of the Rushey Green Assembly, Lewisham Local and other partners. Rushey Green Time Bank is experienced in running the events, have been involved in this festival on 4 occasions and hosted the last 2 festivals. We also have access to volunteers.
But it does need funding to make it happen and will rely on local sponsorships and via this crowdfunding initiative. You, the residents are a key ingredient to help ensure we can do this!
What do we need funding for, what we'll do with it?
- Hiring the outdoor venue to hold the event
- Equipment hire – marquee, stage, gazebos, tables and chairs
- Design, printing and distribution of promotional materials and flyers
- Bouncy castle
- Lunches and refreshments for volunteers
- Materials for workshops and activities
- Other miscellaneous materials for decor, signage, stationery, security etc
Please do get involved by helping us raise the funds required and also on the day. Perhaps there is something else you’d like to do there. Let us know!
For updates and to support us - Please visit our Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/rusheygreenfestival or tweet #RGFestival2017
or for more enquiries email : firstname.lastname@example.org
|Rushey Green Festival 2017 budget|
|Venue hire & site equipment for activities||1,000|
|Publicity and printing costs||800|
|Equipment for children/Bouncy castle||300|