Lancashire Council planning committee voted in favour of Cuadrilla at one site, this decision is seriously flawed and open to a judicial review. If we lose the case we will have to pay costs which can be capped at £10,000 plus 31,000 court fees.
Frack Free Lancashire is an alliance of all the local anti fracking campaign groups in Lancashire who are working closely with other, national, organisations in their opposition to fracking in the UK, Friends of the Earth, Greenpeace and Talk Fracking to name just three.
About the project
Lancashire County Council voted in favour of Cuadrilla at one location, this decision is seriously flawed and open to a judicial review. If we lose the case we will have to pay costs which can be capped at £10,000, plus £1,000 court fees, because it is an environmental issue.
- The decision was passed for "seismic" monitors in a total of 91 fields surrounding the village of Roseacre.
- The decision for the main drilling site was refused on the recommendation of the Planning Officer.
- Without the main drilling site there is no logic in the permission for the "seismic arrays".
- If this decision isn't overturned it is possible that Cuadrilla could apply for change of use at a future date and use these fields for fracking pads.
- If this decision isn't overturned it will set a precedent for Cuadrilla and other companies in the whole of the UK and potentially Europe.