In order to reduce crime and the perception of crime we would look to secure and fund CCTV along the length of Devonport Road from it’s junction with Molesworth Road through the village to the junction with Albert Road. To make provision for the upkeep once the system is in place.
“To appoint a local architectural practice, (Mitchell Architects) who already have experience in Blockhouse Park to produce a feasibility study, in conjunction with Plymouth City Council, for the complete re-furbishment of the park, including the funding avenues required to complete the same".
- Entrances to the park, with emphasis on the one from Masterman Road.
- The repositioning of the toilet block
- The repositioning and/or rebuilding of the community centre
- The erection of a semi-commercial unit at that entrance to the park, open to the public as a tea-room, with room for outdoor seating
- Disabled access
- Protection of historical integrity (Mount Pleasant Redoubt, air raid shelters, wardens hut etc)
- Public Artwork
- The 2020 celebrations
- The consideration to all ages of the users of the park with sport, play and recreation areas
- Likely and possible sources of funding, required infrastructure for the same
- Planning permission, English Heritage, liaison with all Authorities
- Ongoing upkeep considerations
- Public Consultation
- Energy efficient
- Renaming of the park
- Cost of the project
- Commercial sustainability
- Planning permission
Also to employ the professional services of a fund raiser to then enact the substantial financial fund riasing and grant applications that will be necessary to complete the likely outcomes of the feasability study.