Our Crowdfunding campaign is now finished however you can still get involved, donate and find out more here
Join us on our journey to create the first ever Hidden Treasure Discovery Centre in South Manchester!
Not just another soft play!
As a parent to young children it can often feel as though life is a never ending soft play world tour and our love/hate relationship with the traditional play centre is a never-ending struggle.
Hidden Treasure is different. In our centre children will play and run down their incredible energy reserves, but they will also learn as they play; discovering incredible truth about themselves and their priceless value. They will discover the Hidden Treasures that lay within, and explore the irreplaceable role they have to play in our communities.
The centre is not-for-profit and alongside play, parties and lessons, there will be a packed programme of free courses for young people and adults in subjects like parenting, debt support and life skills. All surplus income will go back into the local community; providing much needed funds for youth workers, family support projects and social inclusion projects.
Play that changes lives
The Hidden Treasure Discovery Centre is a tremendously exciting project and we believe it will not only provide a great day out, but plant seeds that can begin to have a transformational effect on the lives of thousands of families each year. Here’s what makes us different.
- All our play equipment use simple stories and biblical principles to help children understand vital truths as they play such as ‘you matter’ and 'no one is here by accident'.
- Rolling daily programme of stories, song time, craft, godly play etc. alongside unique, purpose built play stations and equipment.
- Play centre of the highest quality. Hidden Treasure is a full blown immersive experience – more like walking onto a film set than into a play centre.
- Run with a Christian ethos and accessible to all. Our centre will not just be for those who can afford it, but for everyone who could benefit from it.
- Weekly changing themes and spectacular special events programme.
- Provide engaging RE lessons and specialist therapies for Primary Schools as part of the National Curriculum for schools aross the North West of England.
- Help parents engage positively with their children as they explore the centre together.
- Our Noah’s Ark Café alone will be such an outstanding experience that users will want to come back time and again just to eat here!
Who are we?
We were a couple with a dream for our local community. We’re now a big team with a dream for our local community. As we’ve shared our story and our vision, more and more people have come on board – incredible people with a vast range of experience in business, community work, education, children’s and youth work, marketing, buildings management, restauranteering and much much more.
We’re being supported in a huge way by the local churches of different denominations and the centre will be a resource for them as well as resourced by them.
We are community leaders as well as entrepreneurs and run several significant community-led projects and groups. We’ve become so aware through our years of experience and friends in related fields that many adults struggle to parent their children well, not because they don’t care but because their own background, experiences and understanding of who they are prevents them from doing so. It's widely recognised that many parents are unable to provide sound emotional support for their children because they have never had any themselves. Sadly throughout the UK we’re raising a generation of emotionally and spiritually illiterate children and we believe that our vision for the centre can play a small part in addressing that desperate need and begin to reverse the trend in our region.
How you can help
We are certain that the time is right, the vision is clear, the numbers work and we simply have to press on towards our goal. We would love for you to join us on that journey and support us with a donation, large or small to help towards the fit-out costs of an incredible building that we are in the process of leasing.
We're looking for donors of course, but we're also looking for a team of supporters who will stand with us for the long-term; praying - if you're that way inclined, banging the drum and helping us to build the necessary support to get the project off the ground. Once open, the project will not only be self-sustaining but able to help fund other local groups and projects. We're hoping to be open to the public for Easter 2018, but we can't do that without you.