Better futures through the arts!
Involvement with arts and culture is crucial to imagination, self-expression and creativity in young people. It also develops the skills that fuel the success of the UK’s creative industries, and that will result in the next generation of creative talent across the country...
Now let me tell you about what we are doing...
I'm the founder of Youth Impact Studio: a youth led creative coaching practice that identifies innovation opportunities at its earliest stage in young people, third sector organisations, and educational institutions that also work directly with young people.
WHY INVEST IN THIS PROJECT?
Here are just a few good reasons...
We are offering an 8 week creative coaching and performance programme bringing together young people aged 15-17 from all different backgrounds to mix, and grow together creating a network of trust and lasting connection. The programme will conclude with a showdown production hosted by the All Saints Theatre in Lewes – and you are all invited!
- Enables a deeper reflection of self, and impact on others
- Creates a peer support network by bringing young people from different backgrounds together and growing and a sense of community
- Creates a platform for individuals to find their truth and tell their stories in creative ways
- Challenges perceptions, develops new skills and builds confidence in a safe and supportive environment
- Grows peer relationships and a better understanding of self, and one another
- Promotes well-being and establishes communities of support
WHO IS INVOLVED?
We are pulling in some of the best known local artists, comedians, performers, and charities to deliver workshops on expression, performance, story telling, rap, spoken word, and music production with a very special VIP guest appearance at the final show!
Youth Impact Studio are pleased to announce AudioActive will be busting out some workshops for our young adults and supporting their development towards the final showdown! For those that are not familiar - AudioActive is a ground-breaking music organisation, working with young people at the meeting point of technology and contemporary urban culture. For them, music is an end in itself as well as a tool for social change, education and personal development.
Youth Impact Studio are also teaming up with Comedian Toni Kent, author, writer and stand up performer who's dedicated to truth, humour and the power of stories!
THE POWER OF THIS PROGRAMME WILL PROVIDE THE OPPORTUNITY FOR:
- Social Mixing – providing more young people with opportunities to engage with those who are from different backgrounds to them
- A deeper reflection of self, and impact on others
- A peer support network by bringing young people from different backgrounds together and growing and a sense of community
- Individuals to explore and tell their stories in creative ways
- Individuals to challenge perceptions, develop new skills, and build confidence in a safe and supportive environment
- Individuals to learn how to nurture relationships and enable a better understanding of self, and of one another
- Promoting well-being and establishing communities of support
YOUR KIND DONATIONS: WHAT DOES IT PAY FOR?
- Access to counselling and wellbeing sessions during and after the programme
- Travel expenses for young people – enabling a wider geographic reach
- Props, materials, lighting, sound technician and use of relevant equipment
- Venue hire
- Psychometric profiling for all participants
- Guest speakers/artists
LEGACY BEYOND THE PROGRAMME:
Youth Impact Studio want to create opportunities and a legacy beyond the programme offering an opportunity for all graduates to come on board and be part of the growth and reach of Youth Impact Studio targeting some of the most deprived parts of the South East. We need young co-designers to help develop our future projects growing skills in leadership, facilitation, and project design.
Please dig deep, share, and take action in shaping the future for young people!
All additional funds will be put towards phase two of this project, enabling us to roll this out across Youth Offending Institutions, and some of the hardest-hit schools in the South East.
THANK YOU #youthimpactstudio <3
FIND OUT MORE: