My business - Animal Magic Family - offers a variety of pet care services from an amazing countryside venue, based on the outskirts of Keighley, West Yorkshire. Following an incredibly long and wet winter, Spring has been the time of year I've been longing for - both for the weather - and for an increase in custom! Our venue has been designed with the need of every pet in mind, and cost a fortune to set up in 2019. I have a long list of bills, loan repayments, employees and pets to pay for, despite the COVID-19 pandemic, and unfortunately am not eligible for any of the government support you may have seen highlighted in the media.
Although pet care is not currently on the list of businesses which must close, the outbreak has affected me and my business in a huge way - quite literally, overnight:
- Half of my annual income comes from boarding and home visit custom, of which all have cancelled for the foreseeable future
- 80% of my daily "Doggy Day Play" custom has cancelled, simply because they are either self-isolating, or are not working because their employers have temporarily closed / sent them home
- 3 recently launched services - "Doggycise", "Doggyfit" and "Dog & Owner Socialisation Sessions" were due to start this week - and will now not be able to commence for the foreseeable future as all involve significant human contact.
If I could borrow more money, I would - simply because I believe in my business - and every single one of my animal family absolutely love their time here with us! Unfortunately I am not able to borrow any more - and at the same time, am not looking for handouts. I just want to be able to keep up with my outgoings, along with completing some planned improvements - so when my furry custom returns, everything is as it should be and we can get back to normal without any overhanging financial issues.
The alternative at the moment, based on the little custom I have left, is to close down in the not so distant future. This would mean 2 employees losing their jobs, me losing my business, home and dream - whilst still having many thousands of pounds of debts to repay. My parents invested a lot of their retirement fund into setting my venue up too - and although you don't know them, they have done so much for me and have had a really terrible couple of years through illness and close family deaths - so the very last thing I want to do is add more weight to their shoulders!
There are a number of Rewards in place for this campaign - but I would like to highlight that for anybody who pledges their support, regardless of amount, I am more than happy to offer you a voucher for any service in return. If you happen to live further away, then this is not necessarily an issue - as my aim is to franchise Animal Magic Family later this year!
You may wish to visit our website for more information - www.animalmagicfamily.co.uk - but in summary, we provide:
* Doggy Day Play (day care)
* Doggy Stay Over (home boarding)
* Luxury Cat & Pet Boarding
* Cozy Home Visits (pet care in your own home)
* Doggycise (an hour of fun and exercise in our secure field)
* Doggyfit (an hours fitness class for dogs and their owners)
* Puppylates & Doggylates (an hours pilates class for dogs and their owners)
* Dog & Owner Socialisation Sessions (2 hour sessions using our facilities)
* Pet Care and Pet First Aid Classes (all ages)
We also have our own community service - which aims to help pets in need whilst their owners are experiencing difficulties (such as COVID-19!): www.animalmagicfamily.co.uk/trust. We provide pet food, supplies - and even accommodation for those who need it - during times of owner financial hardship and illness.
April should have begun our campaign to raise awareness for animal love, care and welfare issues through a "National Spend Time With Your Pet Day" - which may now be postponed from 1st July 2020, we will see! For more information visit the Facebook page @loveisyourpet - or www.animalmagicfamily.co.uk/nationalspendtimewithyourpetday
I am also aiming to launch a National Pet Health Service - for which a separate campaign is running on Crowdfunder. Visit the NPHS page on Facebook, or view more information at www.animalmagicfamily.co.uk/nphs
Every month, the outgoings for Animal Magic Family are in the region of £9,000 - therefore I am setting the crowdfunding target at £27,000, to safely cover the period between 1st April and 30th June. If this amount is reached and life returns to normal within the next 3 months, then any additional amount raised will go to completing works on our venue - which are on my to do list to complete within the next 12 months, long-prior to the COVID-19 outbreak. These improvements include:
- Higher Fencing - making our entire perimeter suitable for all types of dog
- Animal Assisted Therapy services
- Doggy Swimming Pool
- Hydrotherapy Pool
- New Vehicle (for our daily "Doggy Chauffeur" service!)
As amazing as the whole amount would be - ANY amount raised will help towards my mandatory outgoings, reducing the financial pressure and narrowing the gap between now and life returning to “normal”.
You are able to view our photographs, videos and reviews / testimonials on both our Google and Facebook profiles. We currently have 4 Facebook pages and 1 group - Animal Magic Family - Keighley / Colne / Burnley / Clitheroe.
Many, many thanks for reading and considering your support! Please stay safe everybody - we can and will beat this!
x Victoria x