The York Nurturing Community (YNC), a registered ‘start up’ group with the York Centre for Voluntary Service (CVS), is excited to announce the launch of its six-month pilot initiative – ‘Pay as You Feel’ pop-up interactive cafés– devoted to supporting and promoting community cohesion.
We are seeking additional funding to fully cover the venue hire, volunteers’ travel costs, printing, stationery, materials and equipment.
We also aim to be able to utilise a wider range of potential venues as well as provide our café services in support of other events and organisations, but to do this we require our own food preparation equipment, cutlery, crockery, seating, and associated storage.
Our eventual goal is to acquire a permanent venue for our cafe!
The YNC comprises local parents who aim to create relaxed, family-friendly meeting spaces which (in the absence of a traditional village) will provide opportunities for community members to connect and experience a tangible sense of ‘community’. The emphasis is on nurturing community well-being through a focus on healthy eating, social interaction and learning.
To reward you for your generous donations, we are running a raffle, and we have been very lucky to receive 11 prizes which which have been very generously donated to us by local and regional businesses.
- One-hour outdoor photo shoot (up to 6 people), 3 images on disc (more available for purchase), all images supplied in colour and B&W from Illuminations Photography
- Bow and arrow making experience for two children, with two rucksacks to take home from Essence of Peru
- Stunning A5 babywearing art print from Northern Sun Art Prints
- 60-minute treatment of your choice; reiki, reflexology, massage or Indian head massage from Child of the Moon Holistic Therapy
- Dru Yoga session for 2 people - winner brings a friend - come and try it out from My Still Point
- One-hour Reflexology, Massage and Aromatherapy treatment with Sarah Warren at the Zentist
- 10% off total bill at La Cremeria
- I'm As Big As... Incredible height chart from Snow Home
- Child's cycle helmet from Cycle Heaven
- Bumgenius Freetime Cloth Nappy as seen here, donated by New Roots Postnatal Support
- iPod shuffle as seen here, donated by Nurturing You – In Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond
Please be aware that Crowdfunder takes a 6% fee in addition to any fees charged by PayPal or Stripe, so please take this into account when donating to us. Please contact us through our website if you are interested in making any other donations (food, equipment) or volunteering your time with us.