The aim of our charity:
The Wivelsfield Village Hall Charity (no 235098), comprises of a hall, four-acre recreation ground, pavilion, and car park.
It is at the heart of the village and brings together the community with approximately 23 clubs and societies, including sports clubs and is also a popular venue for local family parties, weddings, wakes, dances, musical evenings, fundraising events, and fitness classes.
Our 40 year old hall requires major improvements to its facilities to make it more accessible to all.
It requires the following improvements:
- A new, secure and much larger entrance hall, which will offer improved access for all.
- We aim to install dedicated toilets for the disabled. At present, the only accessible toilet is in the ladies cubicles which can cause embarrassment for men. The Mid Sussex Parkinson's Group are one of our regular hirers of our hall, but due to the current inadequate facilities it prevents some of their members from attending their meetings.
- Separate children's toilets to cater for our village playgroup children, which will increase their independence and will also mean that children do not have to share a facility with adults. This will also allow for better safeguarding of children.
- Public toilets for use by the public using the recreation ground.
- A Modernised kitchen which will enable us to meet current food hygiene standards and to provide a more useable space for all hirers.
- Improved and additional storage for our playgroup and other clubs and societies.
- A new parish council office; at present our parish clerk uses a very small room attached to the local pub.
- A new staircase to our little theatre loft, so that the teams don't have to struggle up to the loft on an unsafe ladder.
- Updated outside lighting to make the environment surrounding the hall much safer.
We really need your help. If you can spare anything to help our project our community would be ever so grateful.