Who are we?
We’re Knithub24, a revolutionary social disrupter, changing the way people deal with mental health and anxiety one stitch at a time. We opened our doors to the public in January 2020, just a few weeks before the height of the pandemic hit the UK.
From the outset, our ethos has been to harness social profit and social good, whilst also earning a living through a business we're passionate about.
We provide expert-led knitting, macramé and crochet workshops to hundreds of students and hobbyists – both at beginner and more advanced levels.
Why help us?
Despite launching our business at the height of the pandemic, we're so proud of what we've achieved so far! Mental health has been at the forefront of our business from the outset and now that looking after yourself is important than ever, we've provided wellbeing classes for local London-based businesses. To show our gratitude for their tireless efforts, in 2020 we launched our 50% discount scheme for all NHS staff. In our rewards you'll see options to buy NHS workers a class and crafting box, to thank them for their incredible work throughout the pandemic and beyond.
We're passionate about our mission to provide expert-led craft classes and we've seen the positive impact crafting has on the community. Knitting has been proven to be an effective tool, not only for creating lovely crafts, but also for mental health, connecting with others and promoting mindfulness.
What your help will do
- You'll help us to improve our IT and communications, push our website further and give more advice through Facetime.
- You'll help us to focus on the big topics we're aiming for like supporting mental health and wellbeing, by spending less time on the technical details.
- You'll help us to increase our research budget and build alliances with like-minded institutions, who can push the work we're leading in the mental health space.
- You'll help us to create a subscription-based monthly craft club to encourage more people to use crafting as therapy and help them with their anxiety at this difficult time.
- Most importantly, you'll give us the tools we need to spread joy through knitting!
What you'll get back
We've got some amazing rewards as a thank you for pledging. Taken straight from our usual product range, we've put together some great offers specially for this campaign, so it's a win-win!
Please note that due to the pandemic and disruptions to our supply chain, the products included in our rewards will be unbranded. Our knitting, macramé and crochet courses are for knitters of different abilities, so be sure to check out our website to choose the right class and reward for you. As we're running this campaign for 6 weeks, the latest you should get any products you order will be early in May - if you pledge earlier you'll get your product earlier!
We’ve created a range of rewards to suit any budget, as we’re so grateful for any support - big or small. Our mantra through this is “we WOOL survive” #WeWoolSurvive so, help us to spread the word by posting on social media or telling your friends! Show that you're #HereForKnithub24 ❤
If you select the class option on our fundraiser page, once you've pledged you'll be sent a 100% discount code to book a class of your choice at no additional cost. Explore the class options on our website knithub24.com.