Are you you fed up of seeing a crisis on the news, wanting to do something about it, and not knowing what you can do to help?
Be part of something transformational.
We Make Change will allow you to find the charities working on the ground in the crisis you care about and enable you to give your time, money or things to support them.
But we need funding if we are going to make We Make Change a reality. You can help us to make it happen!
How will it work?
1. Search for the crisis you want to support - wherever it is in the world.
2. Discover the charities that are fighting for the causes on the ground - including verified local, national and international organisations.
3. Give your time, money, or resources to support them.
- Create your own profile to track the charities you've supported and impact you've made.
- Have a personalised ‘cause feed’ that is updated in real-time to offer you new opportunities for doing good.
- Connect with like-minded people who share your passion for the causes you care about.
Who are the people behind We Make Change?
The journey began when charity consultant James Sancto and web developer Felix Cosma connected after they tried to buy the same domain name and discovered they had the same idea - to create a social network that would make it simple for people to give to charities.
After founding We Make Change as a not-for-profit at the beginning of 2017, we looked to recruit some volunteers so we could make this idea a reality. Since then our team has grown rapidly, and now includes designers, lawyers, researchers, activists and charity workers, mostly in London, and with many others across the world. We all recognised a problem - that traditional ways of giving do not work effectively when a crisis strikes. We're building this social network to make it simple for anyone to give what they can to those in need.
How passionate are we about making a difference? Well, here are just a few pics of our team supporting charities as part of our full 24 hours of volunteering to launch our campaign!
Want to know more about the people behind We Make Change? You can find them on LinkedIn here.
Supported by the World Youth Organization
We are delighted to have the support of the World Youth Organization! We will be working together to empower a generation to support charities across the world.
The impact We Make Change could have
By empowering individuals to give what they can to the charities supporting those in crisis, We Make Change could help to mobilise the resources needed to save lives, help communities rebuild and protect those in danger. But don't just take our word for it - here are just a few of the amazing people supporting We Make Change!
Featured in Charity Digital News
What have we done so far?
Since starting the organisation at the beginning of 2017, we have:
- Grown from a team of two to the almost 50 volunteers we have today.
- Registered as a not-for-profit Community Interest Company.
- Designed the platform.
- Started developing the platform.
- Built relationships with a number of charities.
Why we need your help
We have come a long way. But, to date, we have been entirely self-funded. We have launched this urgent crowdfunding appeal as we need additional funding if we are going to be able to launch this platform. The money will allow us to pay for:
- Developers that can finish the building the platform, so we can be launch it in early 2018.
- Someone to manage our current volunteer team of almost 50 people on a full time basis, and also enable us to grow our team even further.
- Marketing to charities and individuals, so we can grow our community even further.
The more money we raise, the quicker we can develop the platform, the more volunteers we can also bring on board, and the more people will be able to help when the next crisis strikes.
Become a Founding Member
This is your only chance to become a Founding Member. If you give to this launch campaign, no matter how small the amount, you will become Founding Member of this movement of people who want to make a difference. As a Founding Member, you will be immortalised by having your name on the We Make Change website.
With so many crises taking place around the world today and with the technology that we have available to us, we think this social network is more important than ever. We simply can't wait for the next crisis to strike.
That is why we've gone for all or nothing funding - because we believe that We Make Change is necessary if we are going to effectively respond to the next crisis by mobilising the resources needed to really make a difference.
We Make Change is the social network to make it happen. You can help us to make it a reality.
Support our campaign today, because together #WeMakeChange.