We need to raise money each year to keep the Parent Place delivering weekly activities to parents whose mental ill health issues means they often need a confidence boost to cope with daily parenting and managing more stressful family times like school holidays.
- Our overarching aim is for the Parents’ Place to be a welcoming safe place where parents can get early support when needed. our sessions help family support each other and often make long term friendships. The parents place is a place where parents and families can build their confidence and resilience, feel more valued and empowered and develop skills through volunteering. We provide vital early help so children remain in stable, stronger families. Our help stops families reaching crisis point and prevents family breakdown.
"What Welcare did for me.
As a single mum Welcare gave me my first home. It was a lovely safe place to live. I feel very connected to this lovely house and to see my grandchildren still coming back and enjoying all the activities that WelCare provides for them is amazing."
All Income raised will be directly used to fund our Core activities. We have several projects at Kingston WelCare:
- Stay and Play, offering 3 opportunities each week to meet friends and help children develop social skills.
" What WelCare means to me I only found out about WelCare last year and found it such a shame as I feel my family have missed out on a year’s worth of fun! WelCare to me is somewhere that feels so welcoming, like a second home. It feels like finding another family!"
- Families Connect, provides 121 independence social work support to families
- PlayPlus supports children to play, as play matters if children are to develop well.
- Mums2B helps pregnant BAME women access ante-natal care
- MeTime is for all parents who wish to set personal goals to improve their personal well-being.
- Family Holiday Activities and outings help financially strapped parents and their children have fun during the stressful school breaks, so children have positive experiences like their more affluent peers.
"What has Welcare done for me.
Most places close during school holidays but not Welcare, which is fantastic for me as keeping the kids entertained on a low income isn’t easy. Welcare arrange trips, lunches and fun-days throughout the holidays and as a family we have been on some fantastic day trip which without Welcare we couldn’t of afforded and experienced, it’s been so nice to be able to look forward to school holidays knowing that the kids won’t be bored every day and have so much fun and make happy memories."
Our premises WelCare House is a community resource offering affordable and valued family friendly resource for the local community, that supplies about 1/3 of our income. Local organisations are able to use our space on a rental or room for hire basis. We also have the Kingston Bereavement Service as tenants.