WAR CHILD helps improving the lives of Children affected by war around the world. This includes Afghanistan, Iraq, Democratic Republic of Congo, Uganda and even Syrian refugees in Jordan.
Our aim is to gather contributions to make a change in the world. We really believe in the Compound Effect; that any small input of any kind can make a change.
To get an idea of what your contribution means:
- £1.50 can provide a street child with transport to visit their family in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- £3 can buy a school uniform for the dry season in Uganda.
- £10 can purchase one toiletry and hygiene kit for one girl in prison in Afghanistan
- £65 could cover the running costs (water, electricity etc) for our 4 class room pre-school centre for 1 week.
- £100 Could pay for a child to go to school for a year
- £500 - Could turn a young person’s dreams into a reality by funding literacy, life skills and vocational training for a year
We are raising money as a group of students from the University of Westminster.