HELP WANDSWORTH RADIO GET ON AIR 24 HOURS A DAY
Wandsworth Radio's hundreds of volunteers have been building and planning a community online radio station over the past year.
We NOW need your help to get it broadcasting ON AIR every day.
Our programmes will be presented and made by local people for local people and will include documentaries, local news, community profiles, radio plays, interviews, recordings of local bands and specialist music shows.
Wandsworth Radio News Team.
Over the past few months our team of volunteer news journalists have been out and about reporting in Wandsworth interviewing local people, businesses, charities, MPs, councillors and arts providers for our weekly news programme.
When we launch on air we will provide a daily local news show for Wandsworth along with a host of other programmes 24 hours a day.
WHY WE NEED HELP...
The amount raised will be used to buy studio equipment and fund the setting up of our new studio above the Wandsworth Oasis Charity shop on Battersea Park Road.
Wandsworth Radio can help with cohesion by building more relationships and strengthening ties with people from different backgrounds.We will....
- Break down barriers and stereotyping and foster better relations within the community.
- Support Wandsworth’s community services dedicated to tackling social exclusion.
- Encourage individuals to recognise the skills of everyone, irrespective of age or background by working together.
- Provide a voice to those who have been disenfranchised or who have limited access to the media.
- Provide opportunities for training and work experience and contribute to community learning objectives.
Our project will have a significant impact on the individuals, organisations, agencies local businesses and the wider communities that it serves.
REWARDS FOR DONATIONS...
Wandsworth Radio are offering some great rewards, for individuals and local businesses who donate to the studio fund including free sponsorship and advertising opportunities on air and online, an invite to the launch event, trips to the radio studio and music requests.