WM has got a favour to ask!
The COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in our current closure and our future existence is at threat. The hospitality industry is a very uncertain landscape at the moment - particularly for small businesses like ours. No doubt it is going to be a huge challenge to thrive once we re-open. After 4 years of hard work by so many people, the period we're facing at the moment is a real struggle.
Although the governments efforts to protect the hospitality industry are promising in many respects, finer detail remains very unclear and no doubt we will be left picking up lots of the slack. The team of staff at WM are like a family, and we want to help them keep a roof over their heads and food on their plates, during what are very difficult times.
Without any customers, income for the business is non-existent, and the duration of this period depends on factors beyond our control. With no time to save up or prepare it is going to be a very tough storm to weather.
Who is WM?
Alex Kaye, restaurant founder, named Walter and Monty after grandparents who were butchers from both his own / his wife's respective families.
Back in 2015, WM launched as a street food vendor at Night Tales in Shoreditch.
Since then, WM has been a huge success with barbecue enthusiasts at their permanent site in the city, featuring in Time Out and Shortlist, with exceptional 5 star reviews from customers and media alike.
Our events / catering programme has grown considerably, and clients include Facebook, Channel 4, as well as many more...
How YOU Can Help?
- Please share this campaign with your friends!
- Pre-purchase lunch / catering delivery*
- If you're a business who is looking for similar support, send us a message and lets collaborate! We're very open to partnerships and sharing ideas.
- Subscribe to our website
- Follow our social media channels to stay tuned with our latest news ( Facebook / Instagram )
- Subscribe to our YouTube where we're posting tips/tricks of the trade, alongside 'Quarantine Cuisine' cooking tutorials.
Sending big love to all our WM friends and family
*Please note all reward donations are subject to risk as we cannot be certain of when we will be able to reopen.