What is this WAC-ky project?
The aim of the project is to create a community muti functional Art space for Bodmin. To provide a pop up gallery, creative art studio space where local rural artists can exhibit their work, provide workshops and art classes for the local community and support art education. We have secured a unit in Bodmin on the Woods Browning Industrial Estate, off Lostwithel road. The area is perfect, a quiet cul-du sac of units with great parking, no heavy traffic and easily accessible. The unit is currently being transformed into an open plan community art space which is why we are raising funds.
Funds for; Paint / Electrics upgrade / Furniture / Heating / Construction etc
It isn’t just money you can help us with though – maybe you have some time you can spare helping us set up, volunteer, paint or build all help gratefully received. But if you are not local or can’t spare the time, by purchasing one of the great rewards below provides not only financial support for the project but also a great reward for you to enjoy.
What is the Warehouse Art Centre (WAC)?
The WAC is a community art centre with a primary objective of encouraging, supporting and welcoming creative people, artists and crafts people of all ages, providing an environment for community engagement and collaboration. The WAC is a venue that promotes the opportunity for cross generations and mixed abilities to work together, to create galleries, pop up exhibitions and be part of a wider creative community. Artists and crafters can exhibit their work, hire the space to run workshops and classes or use it as a pop up art studio. Whilst the public can enjoy the opportunity to learn new skills, crafts and join the clubs that run from The WAC.
The WAC is for the whole community of Bodmin, a place to gain knowledge, skills and celebrate artists talents;
- To connect and link with strategic partners to deliver community arts.
- To encourage collaborative working without prejudice embracing all ages, social groups and abilities in a supportive and positive environment.
- Aims to work collaboratively with local schools and further education colleges to develop outreach community arts education programmes.
- A place to offer support to young adults work experience and mentorship.
- To support social inclusion and community engagement;
- A hub for local artists to work when support of local creative events;
Have a look - click on the video above....