Win a Campervan - Save The Cave
So a little bit about Stump Cross Caverns and why it would be such a travesty to lose it.
It’s the only natural cave system in the Southern Yorkshire Dales open to members of the public. Continuously open to tourists since 1863 when it was discovered by lead miners. Contains beautiful grottos abundantly decorated with natural formations. Bones of numerous Ice Age creatures have been discovered in the caverns, including reindeer, wolverine, bison and wolves. All of these features make it a huge educational resource.
Why do we need to raise money?
For the past 18 years it has been owned and operated by the Bowerman family. The site is run to create a convivial atmosphere much loved by locals and tourists alike. However, the lockdowns in the past 12 months have significantly reduced the turn-over due to business closures and reduced capacity in order to maintain government guidelines.
The facilities on site consist of a state of the art 50 seat cinema, a high quality restaurant (The Time Café), an individual dining ‘pod’ (known as the ‘Time Out Pod), plus access to all the beautiful rugged moorland walks in the surrounding countryside from our car park. The loss of such a wonderful attraction would be felt far and wide. We hope our business will be saved for thousands of tourists in the future. We’ve even thought of ways to redevelop the site but it would be such a shame to have to close it to the majority.
The support of you, both financially and politically is crucial to the survival of a much loved and historic, all year round attraction. I am confident that you and your family would love to visit either in person when allowed or alternately via ‘an exclusive virtual guided tour with our cave expert - our brand new technology connects our specialist with you and two friends located anywhere in the world to enjoy a fun and informative interactive 1 hour exploration.
Like many small businesses, we have been massively affected by the Covid-19 outbreak and we are desperate to keep our business and our wonderful team going. Sadly the impact for businesses such as ours is very real and with no clear opening date on the horizon, the future of this legendary Yorkshire venue and the dedicated staff who run it, is now uncertain
How are we raising money?
In an effort to raise critical funds to help save Stump Cross Caverns I have decided I have no choice but to offer my much loved VW T30 Campervan (66 plate) up for the prize draw. It is stunning, top of the range, automatic and a dream to drive.
- 2 litre Diesel engine
- 7 speed DSG Gearbox, only 16,000 miles on the clock
- Pop Top Roof
- Seats fold and slide into bed
- Detachable dining table fitted between front and rear seats
- All four seats fitted with inertia seat belts.
- A microwave, cooker, mini grill and sink permanently fitted to the van on top of storage unit which houses a blast proof gas bottle enclosure. Gas Heater.
- Permanently fixed storage units housing a small fridge, and electricity supply fuse unit. Insulated side panels, interior coloured LED lights.
- Superb 18 inch alloy wheels.
It has reached a critical stage for us and we need to take drastic measures to keep the business going.
Where is the money going?
All funds raised will go to help Stump Cross Caverns, a small family business recover from the devastating financial effects of the pandemic so we can be here for you on the other side. To maintain The Showcaves and newly refurbished rural Cinema/Time café bistro.Thank you for your support. It means the world to us.
Minimum Pledge Amount is £10. Yes that is correct. The winner will receive this stunning VW Camper van for as little as £10. There can only be one winner.
Terms & Conditions for Prize Draw
- Open to uk residents aged 18 and over
- Entrants may enter as many times as they'd like. To enter the prize draw, pick one reward option and make payment via card.
- Entrants can pledge to this campaign without entering the prize draw.
- To enter the draw without pledging, please send a postcard with your name, address and contact telephone number to: Stump Cross Caverns, Greenhow Hill, Harrogate, HG3 5JL
- The winner will be chosen at random via a LIVE prize draw, at 20.30 on the 31st March 2021 by a third party on social media. The winner’s name will be available at time of prize draw and published on 'Stump Cross Caverns' social media accounts and website
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/StumpCrossCaverns
- Instagram http://www.instagram.com/StumpCrossCaverns
- We will announce the winner straight away and inform them within 28 days of the closing date and they will need to respond within 28 days or a new winner will be chosen at random. They will be contacted by email on how to claim their prize. If the winner does not respond within 28 days of the initial email being sent, the next winner will be chosen at random and emailed within 1 week. The prize will need to be collected by the winner in person once they have confirmed their address and provided identification via email. Please include your unique crowdfunder payment reference number in the email subject field
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Everyone who has entered the draw will be emailed a link to virtual cave tour . The email will come via Crowdfunder, please ensure you check your junk. This will be valid for one month.
- If you decide to donate instead of enter the draw to win the stunning VW Camper van ensure you provide your email address so you can receive a link to the virtual cave tour which is valid for one month.
- Closing date for entries: 30/03/21 at 00.01
- To enter the prize draw, pick one reward option and make payment via card.
- If for any reason, the prize cannot go ahead, all refunds will be processed by Crowdfunder within 28 days of the 'closing date' and the prize draw will be deemed unsuccessful.
The promoter is Stump Cross Ltd United Kingdom.
By participating in this prize draw, entrants confirm they have read, understood and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Crowdfunder.
Thank you for taking the time to view this project and good luck. I genuinely CANNOT wait to see who wins this amazing prize and hand the keys and registration document V5 to the new owner. Private number plate not included as it was a ‘big birthday’ gift. If successful this prize draw will enable us to help save our business.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any queries or questions?