I am aiming to compete in the 2019 Milltek Sport Volkswagen Racing Cup.
Launched in 2000, the Milltek Sport Volkswagen Racing Cup is widely regarded as the most exciting saloon car Championship in the UK. In 2019, we were yet again a supporting race in the prestigious British GT Championship package.
The good news is that we are expecting 2019 to be an even more successful year in the Championship’s history. With new cars, new teams and new drivers joining us, from novices to touring car drivers, we expect to have full grids all year, making the Milltek Sport Volkswagen Racing Cup by far the most successful race championship in the UK.
Why the Volkswagen Racing Cup?
- Great value racing with 14 races over 7 events
- Proven training ground for drivers with ambitions to compete in the world-renowned British Touring Car and British GT Championships
- Live streaming and highlight coverage on Channel 4 (terrestrial)
- ‘Slicks and wings’ racing – a great learning environment with a fantastic range of professional teams competing to bring drivers on as they head up their motorsport career ladder.
- Great new prizes for 2019 including the champion of the Volkswagen Cup who will receive a full TCT test, thanks to Maximum Motorsport.
My name is Neil Cogan. I currently hold a racing license and have tested in many different varieties of racing which I feel has given me more experience and knowledge of the sport and what is required to be successful. I have been go-karting since I was six years old in various karts and at various venues. At my local go-karting venue I have consistently finished no lower than third position, producing equal lap times every lap and I was therefore invited to compete for a NKA karting championship. My recent racing history includes testing in an MG ZR and competing in a Renault Clio scholarship where there were two timed sessions and my quickest lap time improved by 2.5 seconds from the first session to the second. I have also competed in successful MINI Cooper Challenges at Oulton Park and Donington Park. Most recently I competed in a karting race at my local venue where I claimed pole position and won with lapping everyone in the process. I am eager to take the next step in my racing career and compete in a professional championship.
I have always been interested, passionate and involved in motor racing from an early age. My lifelong ambition has always to be a professional racing driver. My eventual ambition is to compete in the British Touring Car Championship,
The £50,000 target will cover the following items:
- VW Race Car
- Driver Entrance Fees
- Registration Fees
- Team Fees
- Spare Parts
- Your name on my race car
- Your name listed on my website
- A personal thank you message/video to each donator on my Facebook, Twitter and website
- Entered into a prize draw to win a pair of VIP/Hospitality tickets to a selected meeting
- Two runners-up each meeting will win a pair of general admission tickets