What is VeloVision?
VeloVision has run for nearly 20 years. It covers recumbent bikes, velomobiles, trikes, hand cranks, cargo bikes and adapted transport as well as other "uncommon" modes of human powered transport.
Where do I want to take VeloVision?
Initially I want to get the print run going again. Beyond that I want to expand the digital offering. The YouTube channel was launched recently and has amassed nearly 19,000 views in the first two months.
I want to continue to cater for those who love innovative design. I also want to expand coverage of family and disability cycling news, products and features. VeloVision can be for anyone who "lives cycling".
The key mission objectives for VeloVision are:
1. Continue to provide news, reviews and features of innovative human powered design
2. Support the coverage of womens cycling
3. Celebrate the benefits of a cycling life, particularly mental health benefits
4. Provide a focus on military veterans using bicycles, trikes, hand cranks and adapted machines
5. Inspire others to take up cycling, no matter what form that may be in
Who am I?
I've worked in digital and print publishing. I've been a journalist, I've been a marketing manager and I've been an Operations Director. I've worked with some of the biggest companies in the world, and helped deliver some of the most successful marketing strategies.
What have I done so far?
The YouTube channel was launched in late July 2017 and has already hit nearly 19,000. We have interviewed Brompton enthusiasts all the way up to Olympic champions. We have provided coverage of the Ride London event and London-Edinburgh-London endurance ride. We've discussed opportunities and challenges facing women in cycling.
I've built up a small team to help me but want to expand further. We need to cover more than just the UK and through CrowdFunding this can be achieved.
I have a few aims:
- Cover the initial print run and other associated start up costs.
- Build the resources required to deliver professional standard video and web content.
- Develop a contributor base across the world.
The other reason to CrowdFund is to simply get the name out there. VeloVision is well loved the world over, but it needs to rejuvenate. CrowdFunding provides a platform for increasing contributors and getting the name back out there.