For many thousands of people living with long-term health conditions, as well as all their caregivers, daily life for years before COVID was typically an isolating and frightening experience. Lockdown was their normal, and UnRavel Dis-Ease Naturally was in part founded in response to the needs of the many who were falling through the cracks of mainstream medical and care provision.
We are responding to this unprecedented crisis of loneliness, isolation and powerlessness with a concerted plan to scale up, reach out and alleviate the effects of the triple lockdown - medical, financial and emotional - for this rapidly expanding group within our communities.
UnRavel is a small business with a huge heart and a mission to redraw the way people live with their dis-ease. We know how to help people to help themselves and each other in profoundly meaningful ways.
UnRavel was set up by Catherine Rolt, an Integrated Chinese medical practitioner and specialist in Grief and Trauma Recovery. She has been showing people how to UnRavel the core of their dis-ease for forty years. She once ran two simultaneous Integrated Health clinics, in London and in Newbury. Now, due to the limitations of her own lifelong health challenges, she has redirected her passion to serve by taking her work online.
So how do we work?
1. We offer four weekly online group meetings for different time zones, a vigorous online motivational presence and the chance to make many dear and understanding friends, quickly, via our WhatsApp groups.
2. Our first order of business is to connect with and witness each other, just as we are, through profound listening and hearing. We eliminate judgement. We never push.
3. Via online, video and printed resources, we help people find understanding and clarity about their own particular dis-ease, or that of a loved one. We help them reorient their focus on the ways in which they are actually doing brilliantly, often in direct contrast to how they judge themselves.
4. Through Interactive sessions led by Catherine, people understand how their integrated mind, body and spirit function. Applying this knowledge to their daily lives can radically improve the ways they uphold themselves and each other.
5. Learning how their bodies and behaviours are connected to the seasons, and all aspects of Nature, gives people new tools to make small, targeted changes that revitalise their energy and well-being in surprisingly big ways. We bring new material online according to the season.
6. We focus on individuals and their processes, not disease labels, so no matter what their dis-ease, members are empowered to IN-JOY their own unique and special journey, rediscovering their inner joy and radiance.
Over the last 12-18 months, with the help of a team of talented and skilled volunteers with decades of experience in the wellness space between them, Catherine has created an online membership-based health support community that is already making a profound difference to its members.
We have proven the concept and we are already succeeding.
Hear from our founder, Catherine Rolt:
The funding you donate will help us set up a scalable and sustainable organisation, less reliant on volunteers and able to deliver our services to many more people.
Here are some examples of where we would invest your generous donations.
- Find and serve the people we cannot currently reach without it.
- Drive the health education - by publishing books that will empower people to support their own wellness. The revised edition of our first book, UnRavel Dis-Ease Naturally will appear by Christmas 2020. Two more books are written and will be published next year, with children's books to follow.
- Develop, manage and update our website and automated systems.
- Expand and facilitate our international community support groups.
- Train and upskill a new team of facilitators for community support groups.
- Produce new online tools and courses.
- Support the team who support our mission. Your help now will make it possible for us to create a long-term project sustained by sales of memberships, books, courses, events and more. We're very creative.
What is our Timeline?
Our aim is to deliver the following:
Seasonal Courses for members
- Winter course to be developed for roll out by mid-December 2020
- Spring course to be developed by early February 2021
Themed Courses – open to public, cost varies
- Caring and compassion in the time of COVID
available December 2020
- The impact of S.A.D and how to counteract it
available January 2021
- How listening and hearing can revolutionise relationships
available March 2021
- UnRavel Dis-Ease Naturally
Revised edition to be published December 2020
To be published mid-February 2021
- Seasonal Reflections (working title)
To be published by Easter 2021
- Making friends with your amazing body (working title)
Series of children’s books to be published January 2022
How else could you support us?
Share! Tell your friends and family and share via your social media.
Our various web/social media links:
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Your donations will make a crucial difference to many people with chronic health conditions and their carers.