U-First Fitness Society: Making Fitness Affordable!
Our names are Antony and Sarah and we're both level 3 qualified personal trainers in Salford with a passion for helping people to become a healthier and happier version of themselves.
We plan to bring together and create a community of people who are all working towards the same goal: drastically improving their health, fitness and well being.
The health and fitness market is booming right now and more and more people are becoming aware of how important it is to sustain a healthy and balanced, active lifestyle. However, gym memberships on top of hiring a personal trainer or a nutritionist are expensive, which leaves a huge percentage of the population simply unable to afford the support and education they require to become healthier.
At U-First, we believe that everyone from all walks of life should have the opportunity to be able to invest in their health and feel better about themselves without breaking the bank. Health and fitness should not be dependent on what you earn, just the effort you are willing to put in to it. We plan to offer local people the chance to have all the perks of a personal trainer without the huge cost.
Every member of the U-First Fitness Society will receive:
- NO GYM MEMBERSHIP FEE
- 2 X 1HR OUTDOOR GROUP TRAINING SESSIONS PER WEEK
- PERSONALISED NUTRITIONAL GUIDANCE
- ACCESS TO PRIVATE ONLINE FACEBOOK COMMUNITY
- BODY COMPOSITIONING
- INDIVIDUAL MONTHLY PROGRESS CHECK INS
- SUPPORT & GUIDANCE ALL FROM LEVEL 3 QUALIFIED PERSONAL TRAINERS
And the best part? All this is available to the community for just £10 a week! To put this into perspective, the typical personal trainer will charge you £35 per hour, we are asking for just £3.30 per hour, plus all those wonderful extras and perks of having your own personal trainer for FREE!
Why are we offering such a good deal? Because time and money are precious and we genuinely care more about the state of physical and mental health in the UK than we do about our own bank balances.
In 2016/17, there were 617 thousand admissions in NHS hospitals where obesity was a factor. This is an increase of 18 per cent on 2015/16. In 2016, 26 per cent of adults were classified as obese.
We strongly believe that these statistics can be greatly reduced if people are offered a low cost and fun alternative to expensive gym memberships and personal trainer fees.
We are also incredibly passionate about the state of mental health in the UK.
- Approximately 1 in 4 people in the UK will experience a mental health problem each year
- In England, 1 in 6 people report experiencing a common mental health problem (such as anxiety and depression) in any given week
- There are about 6,000 suicides in the UK each year and it's the biggest killer of men up to the age of 49
- Researchers who pooled information from 49 studies from around the world, found that people who did the most physical activity were less likely to get depression than those who did the least. The results applied to men and women, young people, adults and elderly people, across all geographical regions studied.
- From 4 studies, researchers found the odds of getting depression were 22% lower for people who managed 150 minutes of moderate to vigorous physical activity a week compared with those who didn’t.
By creating a community of like minded people all striving for the same goals and by making our services affordable we believe that we can help all types of people struggling with their self esteem and mental health. Exercise lifts our moods by the release of endorphins, morphine-like chemicals produced by the body that help diminish pain while triggering positive feelings. The body produces endorphins in response to intense physical exercise. We believe that people are more likely to adhere to our program and change their lifestyles for the better simply because it makes them feel good!
Despite us funding the project ourselves, we can't do it all alone! We are asking for donations towards the small amount of fitness equipment we need to give these people the best chance at succeeding in meeting their goals and sustaining a healthy and happy lifestyle.