We were approaching the middle of March. All of our age groups were enjoying the challenges of their rugby, our F&B and Bars were open, serving players, supporters and members alike. We were enjoying our most successful pre-match hospitality the Club has ever held and minds were turning to the 30th Year Anniversary Gala Dinner and the, always well attended and hugely profitable Skofic 7’s tournament.
On this date two massive things happened to the Club.
We paid an emotional farewell to our hugely loved and respected Club Chairman and friend Hugh Paterson, who passed away on 29th Feb at home with his family. Hugh left the 100’s that day with a mood of obvious sadness, but with a sense of invigoration that each us us would continue his ‘Magnificent Obsession’.
“Hugh this exercise is part of your magnificent obsession, following up what we all said we would do in your memory that day”
We received the news that Covid-19 had forced us all in to lockdown as of midnight that night…
Boom. No more rugby, no more buzzing afternoons. The whole Club closes....
The Club has worked tirelessly during lockdown to ensure this wonderful Club we have developed over recent years for the whole community, remained intact and that we survived financially.
“Going bust isn’t an option – we have too many kids to coach…”
Our facilities are for the use by members and the community and require to be fully paid for and maintained. The project’s fundraising objective is in building on the above momentum and helping to provide an even better facility for all members to help as well as the community.
The Club, its charitable arm and associated users of the Club help in many ways to make people’s lives better, no matter what their background may be. We welcome all, treat everyone the same, welcome diversity and ethnicity with a smile and have respect for each other. This ethos goes towards helping people’s well-being, to assist in their physical and mental health.
All funds raised will be invested in the Club, to continue to make it a place for our players, our kids, our volunteers and supporters to enjoy rugby and feel even more part of the Community.
With no rugby since March we lost the entire income from the Gala Dinner and the Skofic 7’s plus what we would have raised from matchday sponsorship, captain’s Pints, bar takings and room bookings.
Yet still have the maintenance of our Club and amazing facilities. The Club would like this momentum to continue with its plans in preparation for when we kick off a new season.
We are asking for your support to help us to keep developing an amazing facility.
By giving, pledging or donating you are helping Tarleton RUFC only.
If you choose a reward whether it be the £5 face mask or the £500 match sponsorship, it all helps the Club. Your donation to the Club gives you something in exchange!
The Club have superb sponsors who are also possibly having a tough time, but the Club appreciates all that they do for the Club in helping with its development in every way.
No matter how big or small your donation or pledge is, it will help not only the Rugby Club, but its place in the whole community.
We want to continue preparations for when Covid-19 restrictions are relaxed allowing us to get back to normality welcome back our players, members, supporters and volunteers. We have a plan of improvements within three specific areas; Keeping the Clubhouse maintained, welcoming and safe from a Health & Safety and inclusivity perspective. Keeping our pitches maintained and secure. Providing players of all ages adequate and safe equipment and kit.
- Repair of the ceiling collapse in our storeroom and referees room due to water ingress.
- Make TRUFC COVID-secure by purchasing and installing sanitising stations, attendance data etc – enabling safeguarding of all visitors and players
- Changing over to LED lighting throughout the building, enabling a substantially reduced carbon footprint.
- Purchase of playing kit and equipment for our newly formed ladies team.
- Advertising to continue the increase in our mini/juniors section allowing the future continuation of our Club in the community.
- Purchase of additional balls, bibs and equipment for the increased numbers in our minis and junior section
- Refurbishment of the scrum machine.
- Repair of weather damaged fencing surrounding the club to increase security.
- Replenish written off bar stock due to bar closure
- Replenish lost stock and revenue from Catering section due to COVID.
- Repainting of the clubhouse interior and upstairs function/meeting room to make it more welcoming for members and community users.
- Refurbishment of the shower areas to accommodate areas for female players/visitors.
Please give generously and feel proud YOU are one of the Crowd who have helped the cause