Due to the growth of Girlguiding over the last 20 years, our current headquarters does not meet the requirement of the movement of today.
We believe that due to the closure of local youth facilities there is a greater need for Girlguiding Exeter to be able to provide a facility that is open to members of the movement including the local community.
The basic services we are looking at being able to provide once we have completed the refurbishment are:
- Meeting rooms
- Community / conference facilities
- Fully equipped and larger kitchen
- Residential opportunities for youth organisations
- Disabled toilet and shower facilities.
- A large garden / outdoor space for the groups to benefit from
Our aims are to build strong links with the residents and to continue supporting the community. Once the refurbishments have been completed we will have two rooms in which we can offer training courses, conferences and meetings for local community groups.
The proposed new facility will enable us to provide residential experiences for all members locally, nationally and internationally.