Visit our web page for more information. www.towerseyfestival.com/home-made-towersey/
All the activities will be FREE but we ask, where you can, to pledge for a ‘ticket’ or one of our exclusive rewards to help support the Festival and the artists involved.
Here’s just some of the brilliant rewards we have to offer.
- Day tickets to Home-Made Towersey. Please pledge whatever you can towards the programme of activities for the 29th August and help support the future of Towersey and the artists that have contributed to the day. Plus buy your ticket before the 9th August to be in with a chance of winning a selection of 50 beers from our partners at Shotover Brewery and Oxford Craft Beer Company.
- We know it wouldn’t be a Towersey Festival without a Lantern Parade, so pledge now for your lantern making kit and get lantern making at home. These kits are the real deal, created and supplied by Alan Horton (our Lantern mastermind). They contain everything you need to create a pyramid, sphere, moon or star lantern plus an instruction sheet and video.
- We still have a small quantity of our limited edition 2020….” The One that wasn’t” T’shirts. We would love to see as many of you as possible wearing these at your Home-Made Towersey. So pledge now to get yours in time.
- A festival isn’t a festival without a wristband. So donate now to get your 2020 Wristbands for your collection and to wear at your very own ‘Home Made Towersey”
- THIS IS THE BIG ONE! Fancy a spot on the Main stage in 2021? Enter our competition to be in with a chance. All entries will go to an online public vote to find the winner who will get 2021 tickets and a chance to play at Towersey 2021.
- Festival bunting handmade by the festivals own overlay and design manager Kathy Mowatt.
- Your own Silent Disco party! Silent Disco 4 U will supply 25 headsets for you to party and dance in the street.
Plus many more fabulous exclusive rewards so get pledging now to secure yours - with your support we hope Towersey Festival can remain the beautiful, independent event it has always been.
Towersey Festival is a totally independent festival and the oldest in the country. It is still family run and is Not for Profit.
When the Festival makes a profit (which is not as often as you might think) we put it back into the Festival and support artists and local organisations.
We save funds when we can for a rainy day but due to Covid-19 we have had to postpone our 2020 event to 2021 and wiping out an entire year is not something we could ever be ready for.
We had already spent considerable amounts of money on deposits, production and marketing costs which we will not be able to recoup.
The postponement has had a substantial financial impact on the Festival which will leave us going into 2021 with a significant deficit, which may take several years to clear, if we can get through the next few years.
The postponement of Towersey Festival and many others this summer also has a knock-on impact on the wider community of artists and traders. By working to secure the future of the festival we are also able to offer hope to affected artists, that work will return next year and directly support some of them financially too.
Thank-you for your support. We will all be back together in another lovelier world soon.
Stay safe and be kind xx
The festival was started back in 1965 by Denis Manners (The Granddad of the Current Director, Joe) in his back garden in the Oxfordshire village of Towersey. It is the oldest independent festival in the UK. We support music, community and sustainability.
Towersey is an authentic independent festival with an amazing community spirit. It’s an exciting, inspiring, relaxing and homely place where you can see a line-up of top musicians and artists as well as discover new music, learn new skills and experience new things. It’s a festival for everyone, from small kids to grandparents, a place you can create family memories together. And from the moment you arrive you will feel part of the bigger Towersey family.
Towersey will always be a folk and roots festival with one foot firmly in our proud history and foundations and one excitedly in the future of festivals and music.
We aim to bring you an experience which will live with you forever, provide you with life-long friends and ensure there is nowhere else in the world you would rather be on the August Bank Holiday!
- To date, Towersey Festival has paid over £2 million in fees to Artists.
- We employ over 120 artists and bands every year
- Every year over a quarter of our overall expenditure is dedicated to artists, performers and workshop leaders
- Towersey Festival has raised (or helped to raise) over half a million pounds for charities, artists organisations and local community groups.
- We have spent over £4 million with event industry suppliers and spend around half of our expenditure on production
- UK Music Festivals contribute over £2.5 Billion to the UK economy
- Towersey alone contributes around £2.5 Million through customer and festival spending
- Towersey 2020 operating costs to date are over £120’000 (this is the minimum that one cancelled year will cost) This includes marketing spend, deposits, overheads and staff.
Most important of all… Towersey Festival has introduced music, art and culture to over 5000 people annually for 55 years. Spreading happiness, well-being and the importance of tradition and art.