I have been club photographer at Greenock Morton for 10 years, providing match day pictures for fans. As a volunteer at the club this has all been accomplished by self funding camera equipment and of course time spent travelling to matches and editing afterwards. During my time at the club I have
- improved the camera equipment in use (I think I've been through about 12 cameras so far!)
- distributed images through social media (facebook, twitter)
- introduced the innovative goalcam
- started provision of in-game pictures
- provided high quality images for use by the club as part of the match day experience through their website and programme.
I would love to bring my equipment right up-to-date. With your support I will be able to upgrade my camera equipment in readiness for whatever challenges the next few seasons bring to the might Ton.
The oldest of my camera equipment I am using (Nikon D300s) are now several years out of date and struggle in low light to provide a quality picture. My target is to have two Nikon D500 Digital SLRs.
I don't have much to offer in return for your donation. My hope is that if enough Morton fans who have enjoyed the service I have provided over the past 10 years dig deep and even if it is only a few pounds to buy me the equivalent of a beer might just make the difference between affording a camera capable of delivering a high quality service or just sustaining the current quality as my current camera gear reaches the end of its useful life.
Suggestions are welcome, or if there is a particular picture you would like supplied in return for a donation please do get in touch.