What is TipStart?
We at TipStart are taking on privilege, nepotism and barriers to equal opportunity, to help people realise their ambitions. Using our digital platform we enable new professional relationships between those that have already made it into our target sectors (TipSters) and those that want to but may face barriers (TipStarters). The tips, networks and experiences shared within these new relationships are what will make a difference.
Our values are clear:
We believe that everybody should have the opportunity to pursue a career of their choice. Personal circumstances including but not limited to socio-economic status, gender, sexuality and race should not prevent the fair pursuit of ambition.
We all have a responsibility to do what we can to try to change the world to make it a fairer place. Everybody can make a difference.
We believe that those who find themselves in a position of privilege should recognise that and seek to use their privilege and position to benefit others who are less fortunate.
We will embody and celebrate diversity in our organisation, as we pursue our objectives.
Our objectives are ambitious:
- To create an inclusive community and digital platform that improve the career prospects of those it serves.
- Widen the professional networks of those who are in a position of privilege, to include those who are less fortunate, to challenge the perceptions and the social biases that underpin their behaviour and managerial style.
- To tip the balance away from those who can rely on family, existing networks or privileged industry knowledge to break into our target sectors.
Why you should support us?
Tipstart is a social enterprise; we’re not looking to make profits for ourselves.All of the money you give to Tipstart will be used to develop our platform so it can support and reach as many people as possible. We recognise that often Crowdfunders offer ‘gifts’ to those kind enough to support. Given our status and objectives, we can’t do that. All we can do is offer recognition to those that make this possible. For anyone that provides £500+, we will place your name and a personalised message on our website. You will be a part of our identity and our success.
Helping us reach these amounts will allow us to:
- Reserved Target - £2100 – this will enable Tipstart to run for one year at minimum cost
- Main Target - £7600 – this will allow us to amplify our messages, and reach people who we wouldn’t otherwise be able to reach within our own organic networks – and these are the people we really want to reach. If we can reach these people and get them signed up, then we can really start to tip the balance and have real meaningful impact. We will use paid social media targeting and run a more effective marketing strategy Just £50 would get 10 people signed up to the programme - your money would change their career.