3rd December 2016 Update - 100%! We've made it. Remember we're still accepting orders but now you know you are definitely going to get your bottles.
Tinker is a British made, Spanish style gin. Fresh, light juniper plays with well-rounded elderberries and gentle sherbet. It is a thoroughly modern spirit.
Or, it will be.
Tinker currently exists only as a handful of 250 ml development samples but we want more from it.
We want to roll out production to something a little bigger, so that Tinker can be found on shelves beyond our home.
It’s a fantastic gin but we need some help getting it made, and confirmation that there’s support for it out there.
We’re Jym and Marie, we’ve always loved gin but a trip to Barcelona opened our eyes to the vast range and the versatility of the spirit.
Spain inspired us; it gave us the courage to act on our love of gin and establish an events company to give fellow gin-fans access to unusual gins. We began to search for the newest and most exciting gins and to share our discoveries through Gin Festival.
Being surrounded by gin day in, day out hasn’t helped to lessen our enthusiasm for gin. In fact, coupled with our industry knowledge, it’s helped us to pinpoint the kind of gin that was missing from the shelves.
The gins that are available today, almost stagger belief. There’s such broad scope for base spirits, botanicals, distillation methods and serves. It’s an amazingly exciting time. Yet, there was something missing. Think Spanish-style, but British-made; a fresh and light gin with a subtle sweetness, gentle juniper and a touch of something fruity. An easy drinking gin that’s perfect for gintonics.
We started tinkering around. Experimenting with flavours; traditional botanicals, fruits and flowers, trying to create the best gintonic gin possible. It was a labour of love. Each new batch taught us something; we had to make revisions and then fine-tune what we’d learnt. After months of experimentation, making alterations, and admitting that some things just didn’t work - we perfected our recipe.
It’s that recipe that we would eventually go on to call Tinker.
Tinker is almost there but we need one, final push to get it made and bottled in quantities that we can get out to the public.
To get to this stage, we’ve invested a lot of our time and money in Tinker and now we need you to show that you believe we’ve made an amazing gin, one that you’ve thought about too.
We need help with funding to make Tinker a reality, your pledge will go towards:
- Production of the gin: distillation, blending, bottling, and labelling
- Cost of new warehouse space
- Distributing the gin
At heart, we know we’ve made a great gin that we’ll continue drinking but if you want to see Tinker on sale then please think about pledging through Crowdfunder.
For someone who loves a good gintonic, the rewards will be well worth it.
If you want to see Tinker at home, in bars and shops, then get involved. Pre-buy bottles, gain exciting experiences and get your own piece of the new, gin world.
Each bottle purchase and tasting experience will come complete with a Tinker Investors Pack, which includes a certificate of investment, an exclusive investors only pin badge and premium tonic water, postage & packaging is included in this cost.
Estimated delivery: February 2017
There are eight options:
- A thank you for believing in us. You’ll receive regular updates on progress and be personally responsible for helping us reach our funding goal - £5
- Two 50ml bottles of the first batch of Tinker and investors gift pack - £12
- A pair of branded Copa glasses and investors gift pack - £15
- Two 50ml bottles of the first batch of Tinker, a pair of branded Copa glasses and investors gift pack - £20
- One 70cl bottle of the first batch of Tinker and investors gift pack - £35
- One 70cl bottle of the first batch of Tinker and a pair of branded Copa glasses & investors gift pack - £45
- One 70cl bottle of the first one hundred bottles of Tinker, hand-signed by Jym and Marie and a pair of branded Copa glasses & investors gift pack - £55
- One 70cl bottle of the first batch of Tinker and a pair of branded Copa glasses plus one 70cl bottle delivered on your birthday (2017) and one 70cl bottle for Christmas (2017) & investors gift pack - £95
- Six 70cl bottles of first batch of Tinker & investors gift pack - £165
- Bottle No. 1 of the first one hundred bottles of Tinker, hand-signed by Jym and Marie and a pair of branded Copa glasses & investors gift pack - £200
- Group tasting experience for up to 20 people (UK mainland only), we will come to you, and host a gin tasting and cocktail making session, with lashings of Tinker with branded Copa glasses to take home. Perfect for corporate or private bookings & investors gift pack - £750 *subject to availability and dates*