Who is TIC+?
TIC+ provides counselling and support to young people aged 9-21 throughout Gloucestershire who struggle with various mental health issues. Last year over 3,000 young people turned to us for help. Our counsellors listen - they don't judge, they really care. Without this support many would be struggling alone.
TIC+ is there:
- TIC+ get 15 calls a day from young people who need our help.
- When you're 16 and you hit rock-bottom, TIC+ is there.
- When you're 10 and your mum's dying of cancer, TIC+ is there.
- When you're 21 and your head's in a seriously dark place, TIC+ is there.
- When you're 14 and you're self-harming to get through the day, TIC+ is there.
How has COVID-19 impacted TIC+?
COVID-19 has meant that more children and young people than ever before are struggling with mental health issues . Counselling used to be mainly face-to-face, but now due to COVID there's a whole buffet of choice - there's online; telephone; video; text-chat; daytime; evenings - the support is there. These young people can't pay for the help they need from TIC+ - so that's where you - our brilliant, awesome, supporters step in - and make it possible for TIC+ to 'be there' for Gloucestershire's 9-21 year olds.
Holding everything together when life is falling apart
We believe that no-one should suffer alone and that's why our 93 qualified counsellors are helping over 3000+ youngsters across the county every year. Cards like the handmade one above, that was recently sent to one of our counsellors, says it all. TIC+ 'hold everything together' for kids and young people when everything is falling apart in their world.