Dear Thornensians supporter.
We would like to say thank you to everyone who has donated so generously. Our donations stand at £1860 at the moment so we are only 38% along the road to our target of £5000. We have been allowed by the Crowdfunding team to extend our timeline to the end of the year, so we have just 19 days left to meet our target and our page closes. We are looking for a big push to get to the target we have set.
At this time of year, we would be very busy at the club and our Christmas lunch would be planned. We would also be hosting other people who would have booked to use our facilities. Over the Christmas period we would easily make the £5000 that we are trying to raise through Crowdfunding.
All the proceeds from this Crowdfunding will go directly into helping the club, after what has been, and continues to be, a tough year for all sports teams across the country.
Any donations of any size are welcome, (£1, £5, £10, £1000!!!!!) and thank you again to all that have already donated. If it is possible for you to pass this information on to other who you think may be able to help it will be greatly appreciated.
We do have a “reward” for donations now.
£50 Reward. Support our club by donating £50 and you will be entitled to a £10 voucher to spend over the bar at the club. Cheers!
£100 Reward. If you would like to donate £100 to this project you will be entitled to a free place at one of our pre match lunches. Hopefully these will start again in the 2021/22 season!
For those who made donations before we put these rewards onto the scheme, they will be retrospective so you won’t lose out.
Donations can be made here
Once again, we thank you so much for your support.
12th December 2020
Hello Thornensians Members and Fans
As a result of the current COVID-19 restrictions (Lockdown or Tier 3) all rugby at our club is now cancelled until September 2021 at the earliest. We have therefore closed our clubhouse until further notice. With the clubhouse closed we have very little income beyond our membership subscriptions which are very low. In the meantime, we still have bills to pay which will drain the funds we have worked hard to build.
We are therefore engaging in a crowdfunding venture to raise £5000 to tide the club over until we are able to play rugby again.
We see ourselves as a community club and are proud to host the local Thorne & Moorends food bank.
Our income has been severely affected by the Covid crisis and we are appealing to friends and supporters to help where possible with this money raising venture.
For your information, we have a series of objectives which we very much wish to continue developing, COVID or no
- We are seeking promotion from our current position in Yorkshire League 2
- We would like to represent Yorkshire again in one of the RFU National Cup competitions as we did in 2019 when we played in the final at Twickenham
To achieve these ends we have recently appointed a new coach, and until the lockdown we have some excellent, well-attended training sessions.
- We are seeking to support and grow our thriving mini and age grade sections
- We are seeking to support and grow our recently formed Women's Rugby section
These are well supported by volunteers at the club but their activities once we restart will be in need of support.
- We are actively looking for land nearby or other access to a third pitch for our rugby activities as the club grows
- Repaint our clubhouse
- Refurbish our kitchen facilities
- Develop our pitch side facilities
- Construct a beer-garden
- Repair and upgrade our floodlighting
- Refurbish our gym.
all with local support and with our own volunteers
- We are developing our commitment to our local community by
- Providing a home for the local food bank
- Running Sunday Lunches and Thursday afternoon teas for our local senior citizens (when COVID-19 Restrictions allow)
- Leasing our clubhouse to various community groups (again, when COVID-19 Restrictions allow)
If you would like to make a donation to our club in order to help us achieve the goal of £5000, please click on the blue link below and follow the instructions, or check the club website or Facebook page
Thornensians Support Fund