We are a live event and social entrepreneurial collective managed by women of colour, though everyone is welcome to join the team. Our collective produces festivals, concerts, and fan events of various genres. Our ideologies consist of:
1. Promoting diversity in music events being produced; not just through genres but also languages.
2. Providing further opportunities for women of all ethnicity and ages to work within music events.
3. To continue promoting the culture of giving back through music.
Since 2016, there have been numerous K-Music themed festivals and club nights selling out in a matter of days. Though, the majority of these events focus on K-Pop in general, which we also love!
Moreover, there has been a wave of Korean-based stores and restaurants popping-up outside of New Malden - the 'K-town' of Great Britain.
This would be the first solely Korean Hip-hop and R&B festival in Great Britain.
As mentioned earlier the culture of K-music is being accepted by many locals, but not so much within the mainstream. So, we want to use our voice to show that there is a market and that we want more, not just in genres of music played and accepted, but also the languages.
We want to "wake" them up one event at a time and to create a safe space to enjoy another culture different from our own, without judgement.
A 2-day (indoor) mini-festival hosted in the music hub of East London. The tentative dates are July 27 -28, 2019 during festival season and when students are out of university.
As this event is smaller there is an anticipated attendance of 300+ for the festival market and concert.
A diverse line-up of (3-4) underground Korean Hip-hop and R&B artists who are known or not as well known on the 2nd day of the festival. The more money we raise the bigger the artist! We will be able to reveal each artists at each fundraising goal point discussed in our updates, if you have further questions regarding these details please definitely email us at email@example.com.
A marketplace on the first day of the festival including Korean-based or influenced food samples/snacks, beauty (i.e. skincare), fashion (i.e. Korean-based stores) and educational booths (i.e. writing Hangul). Day 1 also ends with a KHip-hop and R&B club night!
1. The first benefit is that this festival introduces more of the South Korean culture for those interested; promoting further diversity in the U.K. music scene. Not just through genre, but also language.
2. The second benefit is that this festival gives a platform to these K-music artists within the United Kingdom; expanding our music repertoire and creating more profit in the art scene. Moreover, it demonstrates the increasing diversity that has occurred in the global music scene.
3. The third benefit is that the festival delivers a cultural experience for those who do not have the opportunity to experience it otherwise. We know that many of us cannot afford to fly to Korea to experience the culture and although there are some great cultural programs in the city, they are very competitive to get into - due to the increased popularity!
4. The fourth benefit is that Korean residents that live in the United Kingdom, have the opportunity to celebrate a piece of home.
The staff of this event are all volunteers and the festival is not about profit, but about introducing and celebrating what is a 'niche' culture in the mainstream.
Where the money goes...
Artists & their team - £28,084.60
- Performance fees
Show Expenses - £10,501.64
- Staffing (Food)
- Ticketing (Production costs)
- Event Logistics (Insurances)
- Promotions & Marketing
- Early Entrance to the festival market place (Day 1) or,
- Early Entrance to the concert (Day 2)
- Artists Meet n' Greet (photo op w/ each artist) occurs on Day 1
- Sound Check (Day 2)
- Signed Festival T-shirt
- Dedicated area by stage for Super Fan Ticket holders only
- Club Party Ticket (Day 1) & Early Entrance
- Early Entrance to the festival market place after Golden Circle (Day 1) or,
- Early Entrance to the concert after Golden Circle (Day 2)
- Sound Check (Day 2)
- Club Party Ticket (Day 1)
- Entrance into the festival market place (Day 1)
- Entrance to the concert after VIP (Day 2)
- Entrance into the club night after VIP (Day 1)
Example of Rewards
** The black and skyline is what will be on the stickers. The logo is on the pins**
Please note we are looking for further support to bring this idea to life and if you have any questions or concerns definitely email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you so much for the support and for reading this far!