The Craft Studio Needs YOUR Support!
Help The Craft Studio Move Into Their Forever Shop With More Room For Beautiful Fabrics And A Super Duper Workshop Space. We'd like your help to raise £3500 to support our move.
About The Craft Studio | What's The Money For? | Rewards | How You Can Help
About The Craft Studio
We are an independent creative business in our 8th year, offering a wide variety of craft workshops and designer fabrics in a small, boutique style shop.
In that time, we have taught over 3000 people how to make and create, sold 100's of metres of fabric, drank gallons of tea and munched our way through mountains of chocolate biscuits.
We have always offered a home from home welcome and to us our customers mean everything. Our lovely tutors share their knowledge and passion and this has inspired many of our customers to set up their own creative businesses.
Due to hardwork, commitment and ongoing support from our lovely loyal customers, our business has grown so much that we have known for over 2 years that we had outgrown our little shop.
We had not entertained the possiblity of moving for at least another year. We were worried that when the time came that we would have to move our business further away in order to expand, as moving closer to the city centre would be out of our price range.
Imagine our delight when we discovered that a larger property had become available to let, just a stones throw away from where we are currently based. Out of curiousity we made an apointment and were absolutely wowed by the space and its huge potential. The property is over 4 times the size of our current shop (approx 2200 sqf), is spread over two floors and has bags of character.
Due to the property being highly sought after and in a prime location closer to town, we knew that we would have to stretch our finances to secure it.
What we didn't envisage was a complicated 7 month delay concerning the lease which incurred further fees that we hadn't budgeted for. This has meant that we no longer have our "moving in" budget.
What's The Money For?
There's a large amount of internal and external work that needs to be done to bring it up to scratch before it's ready to open to the public.
We're looking for your donation to help us re-decorate internally, re-sand and lacquer the wooden floor, re-sand and paint the external window frames, paint new signage, install new lighting and cover the costs of the move.
Rewards - Our Crafting Superheros!
We feel that everyone who decides to pledge should receive something in return for their help. For this reason, we've created a list of crafting superhero rewards below.
- Your name will be added to a wall hanging permanently displayed in our new shop.
- You will receive a personal thank you on a dedicated page on our website.
- Pledges of £20 and over will recieve all of the above along with a 'Thank You Goodie Bag' (see individual reward amounts for full details) along with a generous Craft Studio Gift Voucher of up to 50% of the value of your pledge, redeemable online or in-store.
- Pledges of £150 or more will receive all of the above as well as unique gifts and offers such as Liberty Sewing Gifts and 1-1 workshops. (see individual reward amounts for full details).
- Should anyone be generous enough to pledge more than £500, as well as all of the above we would provide you with a 3 hour workshop of your choice with high-tea for up-to 8 people.
- For those who would just like to help us without receiving a reward (a big thank you in advance!) then choose the reward option 'WITHOUT REWARD' on the right.
How You Can Help
- Pledge to our campaign, and get one of our exclusive Crowdfunder rewards.
- Share this campaign with five of your friends who would be interested in what we're doing