We've received quite a bit of feedback from people who seem to be having trouble locating the rewards section on our page to pledge for their yoga mat! So, just to make it a bit clearer for all you technophobes out there...if you would like to order a yoga mat and mat bag for £59 please CLICK HERE :-)
Action on Addiction has been helping people with addiction problems for over 30 years. The money we raise will contribute towards their training for addiction treatment practitioners and their ongoing research. Without the continued engagement of the individuals, families and organisations who donate to Action on Addiction, they would not be able to continue their life saving and life changing work.
Mind founded in 1967, believes in equality of opportunity for all. They are committed to challenging inequality, discrimination and stigma, particularly in relation to minority and socially excluded groups and on the grounds of mental health issues. They provide advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem. They campaign to improve services, raise awareness and promote understanding. The funds we raise will help them to expand the work they do and contribute to some exciting new projects in the future.
Pledge £15 and we'll send you a beautiful, hand-made Nepalese 'Shiva's Tears' Mala necklace made from Rudraksha seeds.
A Mala is a string of beads used to count mantras (Sanskrit prayers) in sets of 108 repetitions.
Only 30 available!
Pledge £20 and you'll receive a 100% organic cotton yoga mat bag with the CHOOSE LIFE logo on the pocket and a single strap for easy carrying. The bag is designed to fit the CHOOSE LIFE yoga mat perfectly, however it could also be used to carry other mats! The dimensions are: 66cm length and 16cm in diameter.
"It's an amazing project, led by incredible people for which all the profits go straight to Action on Addiction and Mind. It's the best mat I have ever used. It's 100% eco-friendly and effectively impossible to slip on - which is my sweaty palm reality/hell!"
Lily Silverton, Yoga Teacher (http://allbodyyoga.com)
We will work with EcoYoga who we believe are the only company out there making truly ‘eco’ mats. Many claim to be eco but still use PVC. With this in mind the mats are totally natural, and (with anything made by Mother Nature) they can vary slightly in texture / colour.
- 100% Natural Rubber
- Sustainable, Plant-Based Material & Biodegradable
- Ethically Made
- Excellent Grip
- Suitable For All Styles Of Practice
- Rubber Underside
- Sticky Jute & Rubber Surface
- Made In The UK
We will use Get A Grip Printers, a UK company who use 100% water-based and GOTS organic certified ink containing no PVC / Phthalates, free from nasties.
- Made with Organic Cotton Canvas.
- Made To Fit your Choose Life Mat Perfectly
- Ink (Same As Mat)
- Weight 10oz approx.
Dimensions & Weight:
- 1828.8mm Length / 640mm Width / 4mm Thickness
- 2kg Average Weight
- Millions of yoga mats are being bought and disposed of at a growing rate with the ever increasing popularity of practicing yoga. This has meant land fills are full of them. If you’re practicing yoga for your own mental and physical wellbeing this should also extend to the planet's wellbeing. Practicing on a non-eco plastic mat made as cheaply as possible for maximum profit is the antithesis of yoga. Where as practicing on something made with love for nature with 100% natural rubber, made ethically and sustainably in an aesthetic way, with a perfect grip seems more in-tune with conscious living.
- The cost of the mat is higher than cheaper plastic mats as they are made with the highest quality natural materials in the UK.
Caring for your Choose Life Mat:
- Let your mat breathe as much as possible, especially if you work into a sweat.
- Mat cleaners and cleansers have been formulated with plastic mats in mind, or at least not with a 100% natural material in mind. Even natural cleaners with essential oils have been made with plastics in mind as they have no detrimental affect on it’s molecular structure. We would say avoid these. Even though the levels may be low they will not damage the mat, however they may contribute to the slow softening and degradation, much as your own body oils will.
- Wipe down gently with a damp cloth is good practice though not essential. Avoid rubbing, especially the logo. From time to time dap or gently wipe with just a dilute vinegar in warm water solution, this is great for removing excess build up of grime / oils.
Please be aware:
- If subject to very heavy use it may degrade quicker than other non-eco mats.
- The weave of the jute is such that some loose threads and nubs are normal.
- There is a 10% allowance on the jute exposure, this is necessary due to the behaviour of the raw materials in production.
- 100% natural raw materials will not always be 100% consistent.
- It is normal for this mat to occasionally shed excess rubber.
- If you have a latex allergy we would not advise you to use the Choose Life mat as a precautionary measure.
- The mats are sensitive to sunlight, oils and extreme heat (i.e. draped over a radiator).
If you do not live in the UK but would still like to pledge please find your relevant territory in our rewards section where we have included the shipping fees in the amount.
1) Is the yoga mat eco-friendly and ethically made?
Yes, absolutely 100%. Even the ink that's used to print onto them is totally ethical, and the mat bag.
2) If I pledge now when will I receive my mat?
Our campaign will be live for 8 weeks. It will likely take approximately 6-9 weeks for the mats to be produced and printed ready for distribution. We'll send you an email once yours is ready for dispatch!
3) Do you have certification to prove that the mats are ethical and sustainable?
Yes we do indeed. You can request to see these, please email us.
4) Do you have certification to prove that the ink used in the printing process is organic?
Yes, we have that too! Please email us.
Special Thanks To:
The campaign video team:
Martin Bilsborough (Director Of Photography)
Lily Silverton (Yoga Teacher, All Body Yoga)
Marcus Wheeldon (Editor)
Mary Kerr (Art Director)
James Fuller (Art Director)
Jamie Catto (Featured Song - 'Child Come Home')
Location: Chocolate Studios, London
This project also couldn't have been possible without Katharine Hamnett, The Yard Lifestyle, Stewart Pickering, Jeannie Pickering and Simon Pickering.
If you have any further questions feel free to drop us a line at: email@example.com