Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics are at the heart of a technological revolution that is transforming the way we live and the way we work. In our global, technology-driven culture, STEM is more important than ever. It drives economic growth and innovation and pervades every aspect of our lives.
Imagine how the world would look like if there were no STEM talent available. We get very excited, when we read on the news about new breakthroughs, in science, in technology, engineering, etc.
Therefore, we are all ought to play our part in solving one of the biggest challenges the UK/European industry and society is facing today and will face in the years to come:
“The growing Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) talent crisis, further fuelled by the ageing STEM workforce; under-representation of women and ethnic minorities; and the low interest among the younger generation to participate in STEM education, careers and entrepreneurship”
With the help of few people around me (I would say wonderful ones), including my father, I would like to design, develop and implement a web-based information exchange and a collaboration hub where:
- Employers (from within the STEM industry sectors) can advertise their latest highly-skilled jobs, internships and career opportunities;
- Learning providers, universities, etc. can advertise their STEM-related educational programmes, courses, etc.;
- STEM-minded professionals (e.g. researchers, scientists, etc.) can have public or private discussions about various topics, exchange ideas, search for solutions, etc.;
- Innovative STEM-minded individuals can search for business support, expertise and funding to take their projects forward; etc.
This web-based platform will have many more sections and features such as: section for children with STEM-related educational material (interactive games, e-learning, etc.); a news section, providing the latest information and updates related to Science, Technology and Engineering; a directory, listing various experts, firms, etc.
I believe that in the long-term, this project will create a positive change on the society and help make the world a better place to live. The project will aim to:
- Bring the STEM Community together and under one roof;
- Foster better interaction between academics, businesses and professionals;
- Attract and encourage more children and young people to pursue a STEM-related education, thus resulting in more STEM talent available in the future, etc.
- Help under-represented groups (e.g. women and people from the ethnic minorities) to participate in STEM education, careers and entrepreneurship.
The funds you donate will be spent on the following:
- Registering my venture with the UK Companies House;
- Designing the business project identity (e.g. logos, web-screen layouts, sections);
- Purchasing the right domain name for the project;
- Protecting the project (idea) by registering with the UK Intellectual Property Office;
In case more funds are donated (e.g. more than what is initially asked), I will use them to start the development stage.
Our estimation is that this project will take about two years to be designed and fully developed. This period includes the testing period.
Please support me so that I can start working on this project. The Project is aiming to create a positive change.
By helping me (in the long term), you are not just helping a young man to make his dream a reality, you are helping the society, you are helping yourself.
Let's work hard today and be prepared for tomorrow. Our future matters...