For happier times to come at The Stables- WE DID IT!!
Apologies for taking so long to post a celebratory update, the six-week Crowdfunding campaign was exhausting and housework was a struggle!
We would like to extend an enormous, heartfelt thank you to everyone who supported our Crowdfunding campaign, your generosity and kindness has been overwhelming and we are delighted to say - “Together, we did it”.
With your help we’ve raised £16,633 (plus the estimated Gift Aid). Special thanks to the two individuals who donated £133 in the final few minutes to get us over the line! This money will buy the wish list of finishing touches. Here’s a wee reminder of what is going to happen -
• Stairlift - Culross Fete & Farmer’s Market kindly donated £500 to fund the removal, transportation and installation into The Stables. This will make the upper floor accessible for all and our seniors will particularly enjoy being able to go upstairs again!
• New Cooker & Extractor - These new additions to the kitchen area will be a huge help for community meals/events and private hires.
• Paint, Varnish and Decoration - we’ll ensure that virtually every surface is sparkling and beautiful. And our new wooden floors will be gleaming with varnish.
• New Furniture for the Kitchen area - we now have the cash to buy or create new furniture, beautiful and comfortable seating and made to measure tables.
• Our new windows will have new blinds and the building will be filled with soft furnishings to make it a Home from Home.
• We can buy matching cups & saucers to cater for over 100 people
• There will be external lighting and power - to make it safer and welcoming - as well as practical for outdoor events.
• We’ll be able to get new outdoor signage putting The Stables on the Culross Map!
• We have shelving for the community storage facility and it’s looking tidy and organised.
• Courtyard and Anchor areas will be spruced up with benches, seating and planting.
• The pop-up bar will get a fridge to chill the wine, a glass washer to keep the drink flowing and a ‘cool’ ice machine.
• The coffee machine is just the cherry on the top of the cake - and will be widely used by all our groups and users.
Each individual donation from The Crowd made this possible- but this was community collaboration with so many playing their part. Special thanks must go to the committees, organisations and local businesses who supported us - Culross Children’s Gala, Culross Rainbow House Toddlers, Culross Fete & Farmers Market, Crowdfund Fife, The Red Lion, STAY BnB, The Dundonald, Balgownie Mains Farm, Nelson’s Farm, Kirkton Farm and West Fife Rotary.
The finishing touches and luxury items doesn’t just mean a face-lift for The Stables- it means our Community Hub will be transformed and enhanced for this generation and the next and will ensure The Stables is the warm, welcoming and safe place the community requested.
We have many wanting photographs of loved ones for all to see, many more wanting their names on the wall and people and organisations that sponsored benches for outside. Thank you so much.
And today we have more good news - our funding application to Fife Environmental Trust for £23,305 has been APPROVED and we now have the funding we need for the reconfiguration of the toilets, new flooring and insulation to complete the internal refurbishment of the building!
We are now in a position to telephone the contractors and recommence the works. There is going to be lots of hard work in the months ahead but once the main internal works are completed we will be able to focus on the little things that matter - like speaking to families about photographs and the special wording for plaques. We will reach out to you once we get to that point.
Thank you so much for supporting and believing in The Stables. Please keep an eye on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/TheStablesCulross where we will post updates as the project progresses. Our objective for doing this crowdfunder was not just to raise this money, but for the community to feel a sense of ownership of The Stables - its history and its future - and we look forward to making that a reality.
In the meantime if you have any questions you can email [email protected] or call/text Clare on 07799 065 351. If you missed out on donating our Crowdfunding page has migrated to what they call Forever Funding so you can still donate.
Whilst Rewards do not appear, if you want a photograph or to add your name to the Supporters Wall- just donate and email and let us know.
Heartfelt thanks for your continued support.
We Did It- Together! Let’s Get to Work!
There are no comments on this update yet.