The first time I saw the northern Lights, also called Aurora, I immediately felt in Love with it. This amazing phenomenon that happens in the northern pole skies during the winter seasons it's certain to take your breath while u look at it.
As a an industrial product designer I was inspired by the colours of this amazing phenomenal to create good mood lighting.
The Northern Clouds
Is a lighting structure shaped like a cloud that changes colours according to the environment such as temperature or whether. The colours emanated are warm and cold colours to create an environment of relax to promote good mood and stress relief.
The material and structure
- The structure of the lighting will be made primarily of Polyurethane balloon filled with Elium Gas.
- The external part of the lighting will be covered in Thermochromic liquid Crystal.
- The light source will be an incandescent bulb voltage 20- 260V.
Aim of the project
Initially my idea was to create lighting for public spaces unfortunately the cost to create such structure is pretty high. So I thought about creating smaller versions in order to generate my initial revenues and then once I have enough funds focus on the outdoor version.
For the indoor lighting I am thinking about 2 versions, standing and table light:
- Standing light will be approximately 63 x 155 cm
- Table light will be 10 cm x 24 cm