You can make a difference!
Who are The Nomads?
The Nomads is a not-for-profit, community theatre company founded in East Horsley, Surrey in 1934. In 1998 we opened a brand-new theatre with a 120-seat auditorium, fully equipped stage, rehearsal room and studio.
We put on a variety of shows, both as The Nomads and with guest companies - musicals, whodunnits, comedies, straight plays and Shakespeare. Every day the building buzzes with activity - rehearsals, set-building, children's classes, and our annual programme for people with disabilities which sees them put on 'Play in a Week' each year in July.
Help us to fit-out our new building
In 1998, we did not have the money to replace the WW2 hut that served as Greenroom, kitchen and storage. .. but now, with the help of a legacy donation, we have been able to commit to the bricks & mortar for building a new section of the theatre which will be fully integrated with the main building and far more accessible for all our visitors.
Now we need to complete and fit out the Greenroom, where the social life of the club takes place, the kitchen, which serves up delicious lunches for members of 'The Prompt Corner', and necessary storage for our equipment.
We're so grateful to all that have helped so far, but we cannot complete the project alone - we need a big 'crowd' of people who would like to support the arts locally to help us reach our goals!
- To improve accessibility - access in all areas to wheel chair & mobility restricted users
- Increased comfort for audiences - a light and airy space (but cosy in the winter!) to enjoy pre/post show and at intervals
- To be more eco-friendly - new electrical, heating & ventilation systems that will reduce our carbon footprint
- Better kitchen facilities - allowing hot food for our community outreach group 'Prompt Corner'
- Extra space for all groups - to be used for rehearsals, performances and meetings
Please visit our website here.