Phase 2 of the Nest will compromise of an artificial pitch, seating for 100 people, 2 multi use spaces, 1 IT learning space, 4 changing rooms, accessible changing places room, referees and first aid room, café and social area and 100 car parking spaces. With the completion of Phase 2, the Foundation will help an additional 12,000 people each year.
The Foundation’s programmes subscribe to a theory of change which ensures all activities delivered achieve the best possible outcomes for their participants. In relation to The Nest, the numbers and change identified includes:
- Each year 1,000 school children will take part in sports activities at The Nest improving their health and wellbeing
- Each year 4,500 footballers of all ages and abilities will use the artificial and renovated grass pitches
- Each year 2,820 children and young people will attend disability, educational, sports and fitness related residentials
- Each year 2,200 young people will take part in tournaments and festivals
- Each year 225 people will participate in weekly sports clubs
Changes as a result will be increased participation in social and physical activity and increased numbers of disabled people participating in mainstream activities.
Inspiring ambition & developing skills
- Each year 180 young people will study and train with our football and education programmes
- Each year 750 people will gain qualifications or training through educational courses
- Each year 5,000 people will use the multi spaces to attend meetings, conferences and training
- Each year 10 apprentices will learn, grow and develop their skills through work related training
Changes as a result will be increased aspiration and self-efficacy, improved social mobility and increased confidence.
- Each year 650 people with disabilities will take part in sports and physical activities supported by the Foundation’s skilled team
- Each year 986 young people will attend health and inspiration residential camps
- Each year 337 people of all ages will join weekly health projects including dementia and mental health
- Each year 600 community events will be held to help increase community cohesion
Changes as a result will be improved health and wellbeing, families feel more supported, greater progression onto education/employment pathway.
All monies raised are being matched pound for pound by Norwich City Football Club.