The Forgotten Evil is a Star Wars fan film that will be entered into the competition at Star Wars Celebration.
ABOUT US: Wild Sky Pictures was started in 2017 for the sole purpose of making independent short films to be released online. Our first project will be this fan film that we will be entering in the Star Wars Fan Film awards at Star Wars Celebration 2020.
We at Wild Sky Pictures believe that with a galaxy as broad as Star Wars, there is plenty of untapped potential to successfully bring in elements from different movie genres. In this instance, we will be combining elements from the horror genre within the Star Wars franchise. The popularity of fan films has grown massively in recent years and this project will show that there is more to Star Wars than just Jedi & Sith, evil regimes and heroic resistance fighters.
PLOT SYNOPSIS: During The Galactic Cold War, a crew of smugglers are hired to retrieve some cargo from a remote planet on the edge Wild Space. However, a seemingly straightforward and routine pick-up becomes a horrific battle for survival.
All money raised through crowd-funding will go into production costs; this will be purchasing props that cannot be made, hiring a video editor, covering fees to shot on location, travel costs, costume and even set design.
Everyone who invests in the film be rewarded with one of our reward packages.
Cann Valin - Half human, half Kuati, she took over as Captain of a Davro class freighter from her father before his disappearance. She is still a little unsure of her authority and sometimes wonders if she has truly been accepted in the position amongst the crew. She hopes to one day stop smuggling and return to being a respectable merchant trader again. (Character design sketch by Dan Morison)
Gideon Tomal - A typically cocky Corellian pilot and long time friend of Cann's father. He stayed on as pilot when Cann inherited the ship, to keep an eye on her. he likes the thrill of smuggling and the freedom it brings to see the galaxy. (Character design sketch by Dan Morison)
Arani Lund - A mercenary from the planet Tion, she is an expert weapons smith and markswoman. She used to be a mercenary and fought both for and against the Galactic Republic in several skirmishes. She can be temperamental but is very brave and steady in battle. Able to assess tactical situations very quickly, she is very proficient in hand-to-hand combat as well. (Character design sketch by Dan Morison)
Sirra Meral - Cargo loadsmaster. As an Elomin, a species that strive to find order in things and like things orderly, he found his calling as the cargo loadsmaster onboard Cann's ship when her father was Captain. He works hard to ensure the cargo deliveries were executed perfectly and has learned to deal with the chaotic nature of smuggling. He finds Gideon flippant attitude to be annoying and is intimated by Arani. He doesn't tend to say much and tends to speak in short sentences. (Character design sketch by Dan Morison)
Auren Jinn - A Jedi Watchman. She has a strong sense of justice and determination to complete every assignment from the Jedi Council. She is considered somewhat of a maverick, but is well respected by members of the Council. As a Watchman she was assigned to the Malachor system to ensure the contents of the Sith temple vaults remained undisturbed. (Character design sketch by Dan Morison)
A Sith Lord. An entity that claims to be a Sith Lord long considered dead by the rest of the galaxy. It remains unclear if he is who he claims. And if his claims are true, how has he managed to stay alive? (Character design sketch by Dan Morison)
FILM SPECIFICATIONS: There will be some scenes filmed on a set, but the majority of the film will be shot mostly on location at Chislehurst Caves in Bromley (where episodes of Doctor Who with Jon Pertwee were filmed) and a woodland location, which is still to be determined.
FILM FORMAT: It will be a 5 min digital format in order to be eligible for the Star Wars Celebration Fan Film awards. The director's cut of the film will be around 10-15 mins long.
1. Is there a script already written? Yes! The final draft has been finished, finalised, locked and ready to film.
2. Is Disney/LucasFilm going to shut down this project due to copyright issues? Nope! The project was created specifically to enter into the annual Star Wars Fan Films Awards. This competition was created to encourage filmmakers who wish to celebrate the franchise within the specified Disney guidelines so long as it does not deviate the existing canon or bring defamation to the franchise.
3. When/Where does this story take place in the Star Wars universe? This film is not canon and takes place in the Star Wars Legends universe. It happens during the time of The Old Republic, around 3137 BBY.
4. Who will be cast in the film? I am currently in talks with a number of actors and actresses to appear in the film. Most of them have starred in low budget short films that have been entered in competitions on the independent film festival circuit.
5. What if I can’t help you financially? A simple share goes a long way! If you cannot personally donate and know someone else who may be interested, pass it along. However, even the smallest donation can help and is much appreciated.