We aim to fully refurb our venue to make it one of the best equipped independent grassroots venues in the UK. Bringing a bigger and better music scene and adding to the diverse culture of Milton Keynes. The one thing this venue is missing is Air-con, we have listened to our customer feedback and this is the main area of improvement needed to push this venue to the next level and further improve the gig goers experience. When we have busy shows sometimes the heat can become a little too much and end up impacting this experience. As many of you can understand Air-Con comes at a big expense and for a small independently run venue it is unfeasible to install. We have had all manner of different quotes ranging well out of our available funds.
Our other aim for the project will be to improve our sound proofing for our surrounding neighbours and protect the venue from licensing issues. We have physically done as much as possible over the 5 years of running the Venue, but there are some further improvements that can be done to improve our venue for our neighbours and the community.
These works include:
- Building an interior cavity wall to further dampen any sound leak to further improve our relationship with our surrounding neighbours. Many of which love the venue and wouldn't see it fail through tighter licensing regulations.
- Sound proofing and insulating the roof space
- Essential maintenance / Improvements to the sound and lighting of the venue
- Acoustic treatment of the venue space
- Further improve health and safety complience