Throughout history people have been forced to wear Badges of Shame for the purpose of public humiliation and persecution. These mandatory badges had specific meanings, indicated by their shape and colour, to characterise something considered shameful. Here at The Badge of Shame Co. we intend to flip that on its head and celebrate kindness, inclusion and equality by projecting positive messages on our gender neutral clothing range. We are advocating for a future with less judgement, less prejudice and more good humans. We are inspired to be the change and our clothing is made to make the difference.
In addition, we pledge to support non-profit organisations by donating 10% of all profits to charities that work to support humans in need.
Although in the very early stages we have big plans for the future.
- We intend to use the money raised to begin to produce our custom-designed handmade t-shirts. This will include purchasing screen printing and t-shirt transfer equipment and sourcing high quality organic cotton t-shirts to make our vision a reality.
- We intend to partner with local non-profit organisations who support humans in need and design our charity t-shirts with these organisations in mind. We will then donate 10% of all profits from these t-shirts to each specific charity.
- We want to spread kindness, inclusion and equality around the globe by promoting our positive messages.
At the moment The Badge of Shame Co. is one woman, an idea and a whole lot of commitment to make the difference. The company is being set-up by me, Lauren. I'm a good human who believes in the power of being a good human. I like making things and dreaming dreams. I hope with The Badge of Shame Co. we can spread our messages of kindness, inclusion and equality through high quality custom-designed and handprinted clothing.
Why not check out, follow and share our Instagram and facebook page - @badgeofshameclothing
1. To share with more people our business vision and welcome you to The Badge of Shame Co. Everyone who pledges will have first access to new apparel, unique discounts and the ability to vote for the charities we donate to.
2. Starting a new business is expensive... 100% of your pledges will go to securing screen printing and t-shirt transfer equipment and sourcing ethical organic clothing.