A fabulous day with thousands of festival goers
Well what a festival that was! We had an amazing turnout with more than 28,000 of you passing through our free and beautifully sunny Crystal Palace Park Event on Saturday 17 June.
The festival team loved seeing you all have such a great time, and it made all our hard work worth it. The festival is almost entirely run by volunteers. We’ve spent months planning and fundraising our socks off to raise the £170,000 required to make the festival run smoothly. With the infrastructure in Crystal Palace Park costing £85,000 alone!
Can you help us just that bit more?
We aim to fund the festival from events, grants, bar sales, stall rental and donations creating a sustainable business model for the future. However with this being our first year in such a large venue there were a number of lessons to be learned and some costs did rise by more than expected. Added to this were additional security costs which we felt needed to be provided following the recent sad and shocking events in Borough and Manchester.
As a result our costs including security, utilities and fencing were higher than budgeted and despite all our hard work we’ve ended the event with a shortfall of around £8,000. We now know what we need to do in the future to keep the festival accessible to all, but we need your help in our fledgling stage to get us through this year and set us on the road to a successful 2018 festival. You can see how we fund the festival and what we spend the funding on in our charts below.
Please can you help us just that bit more and give a donation of whatever you can afford? Any contribution from you would help a lot. We’ve organised some perks to say thank you for your contribution to make your festival experience even more special in the future.
Any surplus we get from this crowdfunder will of course go into funding the 2018 festival which we hope will be even more amazing!
We hope you can help and thank you for your support.
The CPOF team x
ROLLCALL OF HONOUR - OUR BUSINESS DONORS
- The amazing George Irvin and his wonderful funfairs have donated a stonking £1,000 to kick off our business donations!! What an incredible start to the fundraising! Thanks George and team - you are stars!
- More love is due to Brown & Green who pledged £100 - thanks a million to Laura and Jess, a great part of our lovely community of local businesses
- Our fab friends at Domali have made a donation of £50 - thanks to Alison and Dom for their continuing support for the festival - we are most grateful!
- Next up the amazing Andy Stem at Bambino who has donated £500!! Andy - you are a gent and always a massive supporter of the festival! Thanks a million!
- Tim and team at Gipsy Hill Smokehouse and Roast Hog have just donated £200 to push us over the £3,800 mark! Thanks so much for the support - we met them at the Gipsy Hill Brewery Co. party and loved their hog and beef brisket :-)
- We are now 69% funded thanks to a whopping donation of £1,400 from our lovely friends at The Gipsy Hill Brewery Co. - this is thanks to their fundraiser as part of their 3rd birthday party. Go Charlie, Sam and Mike!!