Who are we?
Our organisation is Support4You.org we are raising money to help people from all demographics who are digitally excluded to get online. We also address social and financial exclusion and encourage beneficiaries to participate in social activities and engage with the community. We are concentrating efforts to support those who are affected by the Covid-19 pandemic and to get them back on track in the post pandemic period.
All our support is provided FREE to beneficiaries, this support can last from one visit to several months of support.
- To create a sense of collaboration, integration and unity among our community
- To create a culture of social responsibility both across the organisation and our community
- To encourage people to be more confident and ‘get involved’ with their personal development
- To grow social-economic support in the community
- To build a team of confident community champions to encourage digital inclusion
We wish to increase our service by offering on-line support for those affected by the current pandemic and into the post pandemic period.
Our beneficiaries are:
- those who are digitally and socially excluded and are suffering from depression, stress and anxiety,
- those who have not been able to contact loved ones,
- those furthest from the employment market and community engagement,
- those making and maintaining a Universal Credit or other welfare benefit claim and interacting with the benefit system due to the Covid pandemic,
- those looking to engage in sustainable employment,
- those being furloughed or who are self-employed.
What difference our project will make?
We started by defining the unmet needs of our community this has shaped our projects to make a lasting difference to people’s lives rather than simply alleviating the symptoms or current difficulties.
A study by the Learning and Work Institute found less than half of UK employers believed new entrants to the workforce were arriving with the necessary advanced digital skill set. The Covid pandemic has highlighted this digital divide.
We are mindful that isolation, stigma, and discrimination are multidimensional, multi-leveled phenomena that occur across three levels of society - structural, public, and self. This has a disproportionately negative impact on people in poverty, minority groups, ex-offenders, young people between 16 and 25, English language learners, and those living with disabilities, and older people.
Our aim at Support4you.org is to support our beneficiaries across all three levels of society and impacted groups by using a variety of upskilling and advocacy, basic, intermediate, and advanced digital skills training, positive reinforcement, goal setting, self-esteem building and highlighting the advantages of digital inclusion to access community and life opportunities.
Moving forward we intend to grow our social economic support in the community and develop confident community champions to encourage multilevel digital inclusion.
Who will benefit from it?
Our beneficiaries come from all demographics, at Support4You.org our directors encourage the inclusion of everyone from all walks of life, these include those with:
- poor digital skills / digitally excluded,
- low self-esteem / lacking confidence,
- fractured or no work history,
- experience of only low skilled / low paid work,
- psychological, emotional and / or physical health needs,
- problems with debt, housing and / or benefits,
- low educational attainment,
- English as a second language,
- leaving prison or part of the justice system,
- affected by the pandemic and
- the communities within the areas of Dartford, Gravesham, and UA Medway