Welcome to LEVELSIX
A little bit about us
In 2017 we established LEVELSIX, a family run yoga studio, café and therapy room in Peckham, our home. Our mission was to create a welcoming and inclusive space for people to attend to their own wellbeing by providing yoga and other movement forms, great nourishing food and a place to meet others. Over our three years we have been joined by many wonderful people, who together have created a fantastic community.
Our yoga programme supports an extensive network of teachers, staff, students and various charities we work with. We have continually pushed to try and make our studio a truly reflective space that serves our community to its fullest ability.
How the events of covid-19 have affected us
The global COVID-19 pandemic has created a very uncertain landscape for millions of small businesses and, sadly, ours is no different.
We are fundraising to assist us in bouncing back from an incredibly difficult year. We will use this money to be ready to open our doors again as soon as we can, comeback with a great schedule and continue our community outreach programmes.
We know there are many different mental and physical benefits associated with yoga and movement. The ongoing pandemic has highlighted the need to look after our own wellbeing and has increased our awareness of the need to help others. Wellbeing is everyone’s business so we can come out of this as a stronger community and society. LEVELSIX does this via an abundant timetable of weekly classes both in studio and virtually for those who can't make it to the studio in Peckham. A team of staff at the studio continue to cultivate and nurture the curriculum to ensure it is accessible. We have various pricing options and remain steadfastly committed to keeping the studio inclusive and open. LEVELSIX wants to continue to do this and more.
Did you know that:
- We ran a specific class for blind or partially sighted people run in collaboration with Blind Aid and classes for foster carers in conjunction with Southwark council
- We worked closely with Black Women Rising and Black Men Rising, two charities set up to assist, support and advise black cancer survivors and we raised over £1500 from online fundraising classes. We have more work planned with Black Women Rising to provide a cookery class to help promote familiarity working with healthy vegetarian foods which has currently been put on hold.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic we worked with Real Meals on Wheels to provide home delivered hot meals to elderly and clinically vulnerable people in our community.
- We are committed to offering a scholarship place on our Yoga Teacher Training course to young people from black and minority ethnic backgrounds
- We supported CopTog, a local community group based at the Copleston Centre, with communal meals cooked by our chefs and eaten in our cafe.
How we plan to spend the funds
These funds will have a positive impact on helping LEVELSIX survive to get back in the studio and provide all the things we are known for; high quality and varied classes, a warm welcoming place, another space for you to develop and grow and meet new and old friends.
So we call on you, our members, for support. Every small thing helps, whether it's a donation to this crowdfund, tagging us in a post on social media with a friend, forwarding an email to someone who might enjoy our classes or visiting us in person for a coffee and a class ( when we can)!There are various rewards on offer such as online class packages, studio memberships and even a lifetime membership for our biggest donors. Why not make a donation and grab yourself a goodie bag filled with products we love (and we think you will too!)
Thank you for reading and supporting.
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon,
Ben, Chloe, Tania, Will and Woody and all at LEVELSIX
A message from Pay It Forward: