How will your donation help?
£50,000 will allow us...
- To support our residents on site by continuing to provide our essential residential Addiction Recovery and Housing Support Programme whilst keeping our centre operating during Covid-19.
- To continue to monitor the Covid-19 pandemic on a daily basis, to ensure the business continuity and remain focused on sustaining delivery of our critical services
- To continue to provide telephone support 24/7
- To continue to prepare for future admissions of which 50 are currently waiting
- To cover the overall running costs of the centre
- To procure PPE as well as fund enhanced staff training on Infection Control measures
- To continue to maintain a high level of infection control and prevention
- To retain our dedicated team of staff and support them during this time of which we are most grateful for their positive and agile response and willingness to continue to work under the circumstances in which we find ourselves in
Friends we need your help!
The global Covid-19 pandemic has created difficulties for Cuan Mhuire and many charities due to the suspension of existing essential fundraising.
We have as with all charities faced a significant drop in income at the same time as trying to co-ordinate our efforts to ensure that we remain focused on sustaining our services to existing residents.
On a daily basis we are strictly applying essential spending only, however, we remain under serious financial pressure. We are very conscious that many people and families are also suffering financial difficulties. However, we intend to do everything possible to maintain our service and to help us do that we would be most grateful to receive a financial donation no matter the amount.
Who are we?
Cuan Mhuire is Irelands largest provider of residential treatment for those suffering from addictions. Cuan Mhuire was founded by Sr Consilio in 1966 and our centre is located on the outskirts of Newry, Northern Ireland at 200 Dublin Rd. At our centre, Cuan Mhuire Newry provides a 12-week comprehensive abstinence based residential addiction recovery and housing support service. Our service is available to all persons (male & female) who are 18+ years of age and suffering from Alcohol/Gambling addiction and who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. Cuan Mhuire plays a leading and important role by tackling the joint problem of homelessness and addiction.
Over the past 12 months Cuan Mhuire Newry has provided a professional, effective and efficient housing and addiction recovery support service to over 400 residents. However, the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic has had an adverse impact on the day to day activities of our centre: speaking on the issue, Noel Griffin Director of Cuan Mhuire Newry said: “The past few weeks in particular has been very challenging for all in Cuan Mhuire"
Whats happening now?
We currently have 55 residents on site and our main priority is their safety and well being in maintaining a high standard of infection control procedures, providing PPE and training for our staff. A significant number of our residents are also homeless.
All in Cuan Mhuire fully recognise the impact these measures are having on our existing residents and those in recovery. On a daily basis we are working tirelessly to reconfigure our services, in order to comply with Government advice on Covid-19. Regretfully all of this has placed a severe financial burden on the day to day running of Cuan Mhuire.
How can you help?
- Please share this campaign with anyone you know.
- If you can, make a small donation via this site or by cheque payable to Cuan Mhuire. Cheques can be sent to: The Finance Department, Cuan Mhuire, 200 Dublin Road, Newry, BT35 8RL
- Via Paypal
- Telephone Enquiries: 02830849010 Mon-Fri (8:30 to 17:00)