From Rags to Witches
'Since national lockdown’s confined the world to their homes, navigating the dating scene has been changed dramatically. We have interviewed a series of people, committed to experiencing close human contact, in a world requiring a 2 metre distance. Join us, as we follow 6 individuals negotiate romance within a global pandemic’
- From Rags to Witches are an emerging theatre company of queer women. We graduated from actor training in 2020, and landed smack bang in a pandemic, getting told it was in our best interests to retrain. So what did we do? Brain storm our ideas and create a theatre company! We want to tell outrageous, laugh out loud, heart-stopping stories through drag art, stand up comedy and movement. We love turning theatrical mechanisms on their heads, and creating theatre that makes a mess. As theatres are closed, we have taken a shot at creating our first ever short film.
- SUPER SPREADER: Sex in lockdown is our upcoming debut production. It is a comedy mockumentary short film, following our eccentric characters (either in or out of drag) navigating romance within lockdown's extreme restrictions.
- WE NEED YOUR HELP TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN! We are creating this project for SPARKFEST, a digital theatre festival and have 0 funds. We are hoping to raise funds to create a high quality production with professional editing softwear and equipment. We also need to fundraise for other festival submission fees; if we want to take our work into other festivals the most common fee is around £50, as we are working class graduates surviving a pandemic, we have no finances available to create the art we love. We will be using the funds to pay for expenses like petrol costs, hiring of professional filming equipment and marketing costs; any left over money will go into our account and remain there as a base to make future projects when theatres reopen.
- FESTIVAL SUBMISSION FEES: £200 for 4/5 digital festival submissions
- EXPENSES: £300 for hiring proffesional equipment/softwear like tri-pods, microphones
- MARKETING: £10 a month for Canva Pro. 6 months of social media marketing = £60
- CHECK OUT Dwayne Pipe talking you guys through some of the rewards that are up for grabs if you support us...
- Here is the whole team talking you through our project and why we need your help to raise funds!