The Suffolk EU Alliance is pleased to be organising one of the Pro EU marches being held across the country on Saturday 24 March 2018. All of the East Anglian counties have been invited to join us at University of Suffolk (Ipswich waterfront) so we expect a great turnout.
To support funding this event we are looking to activists, campaigners and pro EU supporters to make a donation of any value to help finance the experience including security, printing & insurance costs, etc.
The Great Eastern March – ‘Let’s Stay Together’ - will be a statement of the importance of the EU in our own lives and why we wish to have a say in the final Brexit outcome.
In addition to the march itself, we will have two speaker forums both featuring well known people close to the heart of Brexit and our efforts to stop the process;
A ticketed series of talks in our 'lecture lounge' withthe following speakers:
- Dr. David Robinson, - Scientists for EU
- Jessica Simor QC - EU and Human Rights Law specialist
- Alex Mayer MEP - Representing the East of England region for the Labour Party
- 'In Limbo' - members of the editorial team discussing Brexit from the perspective of EU citizens in the UK
- Josephine Hayes - 'Diary Day' Blogger from East Anglia
- Sandy Martin - Labour MP for Ipswich
Tickets for this event can be obtained from here.
After the march there will also be external speakers in the plaza. These speakers include:
- Sophie Ellis - Student Researcher
- Daisy Cooper - Liberal Democrat candidate
- Molly Williams - Young European Voices
- Jack Dart - Inspire EU
- Tom Iniss - Author
- In Limbo Team - stories from EU citizens in the
- Dr. Rob Davidson - Scientists for EU
If you could support the day by making a donation – the East Anglia Alliance (the gathered body of all the Pro EU Groups in the east) will be very grateful for your support.
The Suffolk EU Alliance is a formal body, promoting the UK remaining in the EU. It was established after the referendum and meets weekly in Suffolk at arranged points and delivers information to the public on the streets of Suffolk to keep the ‘Remain’ message alive.
You can find out more about the Suffolk EU Alliance here.